Chop Shop Builds

yltaco05

Jan 18, 2006
Fullerton, CA
The right intake gaskets? There are like 3 different versions. The difference is in the water passages.
also this, never had the issue, but when i picked up my intake form the machine shop he double checked the gaskets and mentioned there are 2 different sized water passages.

As for freeze plugs "just going out" absolutely happens. happened to me. think about it, the freeze plug is old, rusting corroding whatever through its years of life. Then it sits there, not running, water in the system, corrodes faster now. then you do some work, fire it up, water flow washes away the corrosion and the pressure allows the water to find a thin spot and starts to leak. when mine went, it was totally fine looking on the outside, inside looked like a golf ball. they don't wear or corrode evenly, they dimple, and once it starts it happens faster and faster.

P.R.exploder69

Mega Member
May 7, 2008
phoenix, az
To all:

My dad says that:

He cannot see or find a spot that the water is coming from/ leaking out of/ from....
He took the intake manifold back off and it's completely dry, no evidence of any leaks anywhere OR around/on the heads.....

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

P.R.exploder69

Mega Member
May 7, 2008
phoenix, az
The right intake gaskets? There are like 3 different versions. The difference is in the water passages.
also this, never had the issue, but when i picked up my intake form the machine shop he double checked the gaskets and mentioned there are 2 different sized water passages.

As for freeze plugs "just going out" absolutely happens. happened to me. think about it, the freeze plug is old, rusting corroding whatever through its years of life. Then it sits there, not running, water in the system, corrodes faster now. then you do some work, fire it up, water flow washes away the corrosion and the pressure allows the water to find a thin spot and starts to leak. when mine went, it was totally fine looking on the outside, inside looked like a golf ball. they don't wear or corrode evenly, they dimple, and once it starts it happens faster and faster.
Freeze plugs are in the sides of the block, not the back. Cam plug only has oil behind it.
isn't there some sort od dye you can use to find leaks? like with your AC? if so, might be time to pick some up

see post above. forgot 2 kawote all yee guyzzz N stuffz////

P.R.exploder69

Mega Member
May 7, 2008
phoenix, az
NOT going to get into it, or say anything other than facts that i know because, EVERY FUCKING TIME i jynx it..........
ssoooooooooooooo

papa gort is the best fucking adult human there is. FIRST THING I WILL SAY.
he got new intake gaskets and matched them up with measuring the intake ports first, installed everything back together, and no leaks THAT HE CAN SEE at least.
it revs up quickly and sounds fantastic. (to me at least. not saying THAT much hah, but to my dad also....)
were going to take it to my uncle to have him go through the timing and all the settings with the EFI/LCD screen and just do a once over on everything.
that is all i know as a fact right now.

Reactions: yltaco05

Latest posts

New Threads

New Classifieds

latest desert trips

Member Builds