Chop Shop Builds

Welcome to DezertRangers
Join the community. Register today for all the benefits of membership.
Register

P.R.exploder69

Mega Member
May 7, 2008
phoenix, az
you just didnt get up north of there enough lol. there are a few runs that car would be fun on like heading to superior or getting on the other side of the 60 and running along the superstitions.
assuming that means, you've been around/through the area that i went too? hah
text me and let me know where exactly you think we should go!
my cell is:
2 8 1 free free OH aight zero zero fooo!!!

P.R.exploder69

Mega Member
May 7, 2008
phoenix, az
actually....
well, the last update i got from my uncle was:
my cousin is installing the same EFI kit on another truck/or he has/or something..... and so he gave my uncle the MSD ignition box that he KNOWS is good, so that he could try that box on my truck because he thinks that might be bad. it was BRAND FUCKING KNEW but....... this is a Chop Shop truck so, when it touches anything it just breaks it.

last word was, he just had to swap that box and then try it but, im sure you all know how "family/friends" deal goes. he'll get around to it, when he does.
so who fucking knows...........

Bertismyname

Oct 1, 2018
San Diego
I've seen more than one bad m.s.d. box straight from the factory. There is a reset procedure jumping two of the wires. I don't remember which wires though.

Bertismyname

Oct 1, 2018
San Diego
I've had good results with the Jacob's systems if you absolutely must have aftermarket ignition. Crank triggers are where it's at if you want rock solid timing and ignition events.

P.R.exploder69

Mega Member
May 7, 2008
phoenix, az
I've seen more than one bad m.s.d. box straight from the factory. There is a reset procedure jumping two of the wires. I don't remember which wires though.
Yep, I've seen enough MSD box failures that I'd never use one myself. People seem to love them for some reason though..
Junk. A well maintained ignition system in stock form is more than sufficient these days. Cafe and emissions regulation have ensured that.
I've had good results with the Jacob's systems if you absolutely must have aftermarket ignition. Crank triggers are where it's at if you want rock solid timing and ignition events.

ok....... im just being completely honest here, maybe the ol DR can educate me, like the olden days!!! haha
but i have no idea what most of what you all said, means.........

basically i got out of what was said was:
MSD boxes go bad OFTEN so, that could very well be the issue.
all i know is i dont want to spend anymore money on ANYTHING and if this doesnt get figured out withOUT sinking more money into it....... im gonna throw the carb back on and fucking deal with it......

so i guess now, im just waiting on my uncle to try the good box he has then, if it is bad..... pray and hope that i can return/get it swapped and put back on fairly easy?!?!?

but...... who the fuck am i kidding. it wont be ready for this season.
im doing better at not hoping for "gold" and expecting to get some "rusty old scrap metal" because then if i do get gold ill be stoked. if not, ehh its whatever. my hopes and dreams arent killed.
so at one point earlier this year when it went back to my uncle (or whenever that was) i literally just have been DGAFing hard about it.........

Reactions: themoneypit

themoneypit

Jul 30, 2018
Missouri
im doing better at not hoping for "gold" and expecting to get some "rusty old scrap metal" because then if i do get gold ill be stoked. if not, ehh its whatever. my hopes and dreams arent killed.
The mantra I live by. With low expectations, you basically can't be disappointed. Only pleasantly surprised.

Latest posts

Today's birthdays

New Threads

New Classifieds

latest desert trips

Member Builds