Chop Shop Builds

Welcome to DezertRangers
Join the community. Register today for all the benefits of membership.
Register

P.R.exploder69

Mega Member
May 7, 2008
phoenix, az
pay a shop to do it!
unless he goes back to SDHQ, even that mindset aint worked! :ROFLMAO:

Definitely fix the timing chain buddy. it would have to be REALLY stretched to cause timing issue mechanically but if the holley setup uses the cam for ignition timing, it can fuck it all up tuning wise.

after my most recent SDHQ bill, i cant afford to take it to another shop!!! haha

but, yes. i will for sure get that taken care of if i drive it any farther than a few miles...... UNLESS a smoking hot biatch at yoga wants me to give her a ride, then ill drive it till it breaks down and the smoking hot chick and i get stranded!!! hahaha

P.R.exploder69

Mega Member
May 7, 2008
phoenix, az
drove her to yoga and back again tonight and........
im done driving it till i fix the timing chain.
(DO NOT take anything i say literal or think thats exactly whats happening. i suck dick explaining things now so........)
its still just has little "running shitty" or it craps out or something.
im not dealing with that anymore because when i asked Joey about it after i drove it home, he said that's when the timing chain gets loose, craps out or falls on its face or whatever it does, until it gets the timing chain tightened back up. ok so, that made sense to me so, so fine. ill deal with that until i do the timing chain. idk.

i just feel if i get that fixed then they wont have anything to fall back on "why its running shitty" and after the hefty bill i paid them....... This better get faniggered out....

Edit:
I AM NOT SAYING OR IMPLYING ANYTHING THEY DID IS MESSED UP, THEY DIDN'T FIX SOMETHING, THEY SAID THEY DID BUT THEY DIDN'T. NONE OF ANYTHING LIKE THAT.
they told me I need to fix something fairly soon and I feel like I need to do that before anything else is said/told/assumed/or anything like that.
Just fyi.
I trust SDHQ and everyone there with my whole heart as it was one of my first ever jobs sweeping floors. Hah
Ryan and Rena are amazing and I trust them with anything and everything.

Last edited:

P.R.exploder69

Mega Member
May 7, 2008
phoenix, az
dropping the truck off at the shop that SDHQ recommended, tomorrow to get the timing chain replaced. guy said he should have it done by early next week if all goes well......

so, that means if something can go wrong/be in the way. it WILL. hah.

yltaco05

Jan 18, 2006
Fullerton, CA
known to happen on those motors. happened to me. shouldn't be too much more work though since your doing the timing chain. I was only doing the water pump but because the bolt snapped, i had to take the timing cover off to fix it. Which took more time than i had planned and caused the snowball of other upgrades lol.

if the shop was good/smart, they already figured this into your quote.

Latest posts

Today's birthdays

New Threads

New Classifieds

latest desert trips

Member Builds