Chop Shop Builds

Welcome to DezertRangers
Join the community. Register today for all the benefits of membership.
Register

P.R.exploder69

Mega Member
May 7, 2008
phoenix, az
Those box's cause more problems than they are worth. The reason everybody ran 2 was due to the high failure rate. They do not like heat, low voltage, welding anywhere on the truck, water, vibration....
Just to Bert it up, if your getting your tach signal for the EFI from the MSD, that could be a issue to.
If I had known it had an m.s.d I would have told you to take it out. They work o.k. in a points style ignition system. Other than that they are trash. Actually I dont like their coils either. Quality control is non existent with that company.

sooooooooooooooooo, again..... I understand now that MSD is shit but, wtf do i replace it with and how do i do so, if I do?

as of RIGHT NOW, since i brought it home from Dougs shop it has about 40 miles on it and it has been running fantastic on freeway and everything. I really DON'T want to do anything at all to chance it not running correctly, again.....

This is my fuel log tracker so far.....

---------------------
Topped off on -
32 gl @ 8mpg = 250 miles

Doug said it should have about 1/2 - 3/4 tank as of me taking it home = 160ish miles to go, to be safe

Date - 12/2
From/To location - Dougs shop ➡ house
Miles = 17 ☑
--------------------
Date - 12/3
From/To location - home ➡ gym ➡ work ➡ home
Miles = 23 ☑ ☑ ☑
--------------------
Date -
From/To location -
Miles =
---------------------

Last edited:

P.R.exploder69

Mega Member
May 7, 2008
phoenix, az
Stock electronic ignition is fine for your use. If something fails parts are cheap and easy to get. But run it for now.
Will I be the first one on this website to admit that I have no fucking clue what anyone is talking about when they talk about mechanical issues?!?!?

I kind of get that, you're saying use a stock ignition system but.... How would I do that or what would I replace it with? Again, just simply what would I replace the MSD with. Because to me, it's just a box that works ignition. That's all I know.....

Sent from UR MOMS BED!!!

OHHHH!!! Burn!!!

Bertismyname

Oct 1, 2018
San Diego
The guy who got it running correctly should know what a ford t.f.i. distributor is. You may already be running it and just needs to have the msd removed and Wiring changes made. If you already have a t.f.i. distributor should be an easy change. It will remove one more failure point to get rid of the msd.

Latest posts

Today's birthdays

New Threads

New Classifieds

latest desert trips

Member Builds