Chop Shop Builds

Welcome to DezertRangers
Join the community. Register today for all the benefits of membership.
Register

P.R.exploder69

Mega Member
May 7, 2008
phoenix, az
No good pics but this was dunewarz the other weekend.

It worked ENOUGH and long enough for me to realize, FUCK these leaf springs. Hah. These leafs handled pretty good on the Bronco and I thought I'd be set.
Hahahah so much weight difference that I forgot about.

Overall, it did....
Ok. It would get hot after a long run. But nothing crazy. I think 220* was the hottest it got. But, I've known that I needed to put a bigger radiator in it, forever now. I mean, it is the stock 4.0 radiator, with a V8. Hah.

On the Saturday morning run, something with my power steering pump, broke off and leaked all my fluid out. So, as soon as I got it rigged enough to hold what fluid I had left, my dad and I drove back to camp to load everything up. It was already Saturday afternoon so, no point in staying and trying to fix it.

I'm pretty sure that I have it set now though. It is not a very fun and powerful truck to take to the dunes. So, I will just stick to taking it to local desert spots and driving it to yoga to get me some puss every now and then. Haha.
Plus, I can definitely tell that Brogan has much more fun riding in the sand car wherever we go, than bouncing around in my truck.
The idea of selling it and getting something more reliable and fun for Brogan, has definitely crossed my mind more than once or twice.....

After a good long talk with Willis though, I'm not going to sell it. That was the last thing that I've built all together, so to say, before my faceplanting incident (& most likely WILL be the last full build that I build now, as I'm so handifucked and it's a pain in the dick just to cut a few tubes now).
As of, this Sunday technically, I will have 12 years to get it all dialed in. I like to think that would be enough time to get it all dialed in enough to give to Brogan for his sweet 16....
Hah

Last edited:

P.R.exploder69

Mega Member
May 7, 2008
phoenix, az
220 ain't hot. 250 is hot.
thats kinda what i thought but, i just kinda tip toe around overheating problems from past experiences an shiiiit.

ok now..... crossing over to the dark side.
is this a good choice for tablet, and the correct case? do i need anything else? how am i going to mount it to my dash, do i need to buy a certain mount? i have to look at kthe one i bought and see if i can make this case mount to it or something but..........?? is the 16GB one enough?

mikey09120

Michael Gonzalez
Dec 5, 2009
Camarillo, CA
www.facebook.com
The iPad Air 2 is a good tablet.

Just make sure to get the CELLULAR one. (It will have a built-in GPS antenna)

Yes that case will work with the iPad Air 2. (Funny enough, I designed that case when I was engineer at Mob Armor)

16gb might be enough. 32gb is more safer.

You will need to buy a mount. I would recommend any of the TabNetic options from Mob Armor. (Again, I designed these and the magnets used are CRAZY strong)

P.R.exploder69

Mega Member
May 7, 2008
phoenix, az
110% MY fault....
Won't deny that.
Shit happens.
Guess I ran a red light and got t-boned.
Do NOT remember any part whatsoever about Monday morning. Just what my calendar says I did and what papa tells me I said when I called him after it happened/after he got there.
Supposedly, "I was in a down mood because I didn't get my full workout in so, I had left the gym early and I was just going to take side streets to my counselors office (I had a meeting setup with her Monday morning) to kind of make up for how early I had left the gym(normally I take the freeway)."
Nothing on my phone shows that I might have been on that and nothing on the other guys phone, either.
2 other vehicles involved. Guy I t-boned and one other car that got caught up.

When big events like this happen, my memory always goes to shit. At least for around the time that the event happened....

EVERYONE WAS PHYSICALLY OK. NO INJURIES WHATSOEVER, even though my airbags didn't deploy??? Kinda confused by that.

Insurance has been great to me dealing with all this.

Currently trying to find another PRE DEF year 6.7 if anyone has any leads.

Last edited:

P.R.exploder69

Mega Member
May 7, 2008
phoenix, az
Now, mission for all yaaaa'lllll keyboard warriors.
Find me another Cummins, 6.7, PREFER - pre-DEF (my research is telling me before 08?), Crew cab or mega cab and shortbed. All other things I can probably work around.
Would LIKE FOR IT TO BE in Az, but I'll drive for the right deal.....
Price = under $28k

mikey09120

Michael Gonzalez
Dec 5, 2009
Camarillo, CA
www.facebook.com
Here is a range of options. Some low mileage. Some close to AZ. Some cheap.

Reactions: P.R.exploder69

Latest posts

Today's birthdays

New Threads

New Classifieds

latest desert trips

Member Builds