Chop Shop Builds

Welcome to DezertRangers
Join the community. Register today for all the benefits of membership.
Register

P.R.exploder69

Mega Member
May 7, 2008
phoenix, az
Okaaayyyy heeeellpppp. I know that I've asked this in this thread before at some point but I have no idea where and I can't remember anything that was said....

The brakes on this thing
Brakes. Brakes. Brakes.

They have never worked that good from the beginning.....
We bled the brakes about 10 million times and we've gotten it to work... OKAY but never that good.

The thing that's annoying is, we get the brakes to feel kind of good when we bleed them with the truck off but then, when we start the truck... The pedal goes all the way to the floor. It's still works, so to say, and stops the vehicle but, the peddle goes about 95% of the way to the floor....

We're just tried it with the truck running because, we have no idea what else to try. That didn't help, but we knew it wouldn't change much, if anything......

Brakes. Brakes. Brakeeeessss.

Drayke

Always Baja Bound
Jan 29, 2007
Torrance
you could try reverse bleeding maybe? You basically push brake fluid from the calipers up into the reservoir.
the idea is that air wants to go up, so you push fluid up. Needs a special tool though, maybe someone near phoenix has one you can borrow?

mine is all the way in LA, sorry.

P.R.exploder69

Mega Member
May 7, 2008
phoenix, az
Ok brakes,
Think my dad figured out. He stopped by a hot rod shop and they sell a complete booster/master whole setup that he's pretty sure will work on my ranger. So, that in process now...

Now, I was going to order/buy a bunch of stuff for this thing that I've needed for a while now but, on that list is an iPad and OtterBox and mob armor mount. Which adds about $700 to it....
My question is, do I wait until everything is ready to go with the ranger and I'm ready to need the tablet for a long run.... before I buy it because, who knows what update or version will be out by then? Could be in a few months, but then it's summer, could be in another year or so, which brings up the question.... Will they have a new iPad and GPS stuff out by then? So I should wait?

Orrrr, since I'm not an apple/iPad person, do I just get it now so that I can slowly learn all of the how tos as far as Apple goes?

DirtFiend602

DR Maitre'D
Dec 12, 2008
Are you hell bent on an iPad? We've had nothing but problems with the apple stuff and with leadnav. A cheap 100.00 tablet with back country navigator pro works ways better.. in my opinion... in baja.. and here. Better satellite maps and overlays and offline maps

Lead nav works great until there's no service or signal, and doesn't seem to work when you 'need' it to. I'm sure other people will agree.

P.R.exploder69

Mega Member
May 7, 2008
phoenix, az
ok now............ new issue that ive brought up before so not really "new". hah

windshield wipers..........
since papa basically controls my fucking life now and if i dont listen to him im a fucking idiot and a failure at life because anything different from what HE thinks is grade A WRONG.

ok. had to get that out sorry.

windshield wipers, i need to figure SOMETHING OUT, to do for wipers. i cannot do any "stock style" wipers in the cowl part because of the tubes to the engine cage.
sure, i could cut them out and do some stock ones but, i dont want to do that and not have the engine cage connected to the cab cage.

SO WHAT DOES EVERYONE DO. there HAS TO BE A WAY that other prerunner guys do them with keeping their cages connected..............

Reactions: TotalPozerRaceing

Latest posts

Today's birthdays

New Threads

New Classifieds

latest desert trips

Member Builds