Chop Shop Builds

Welcome to DezertRangers
Join the community. Register today for all the benefits of membership.
Register

partybarge_pilot

Uno mas Cervesa!
May 14, 2004
Easton, KS
is his kinda what some of you are saying? i feel like we had talked about doing this type of thing before but........ obviously never got to it.

View attachment 217238
Yes. The problem is, your uppers are very far forward and have a lot of leverage on a vary small mounting area. This will help transfer the load to the mid rail and keep everything from flexing.

On the bottom, sleeving would be good. Then box the tabs top and bottom to the tube since you can't through bolt it.

partybarge_pilot

Uno mas Cervesa!
May 14, 2004
Easton, KS
Also, it would be better if those outer tubes angled down to hit the tube that the uppers mount to. Might be able to sneak that in without butchering the hood.

P.R.exploder69

Mega Member
May 7, 2008
phoenix, az
hahahahahahaahhahahahahahahahhahahahaahhhhhhhhhhhhahahahahahahahaahhahahahahahahahhahahahaahhhhhhhhhhhhahahahahahahahaahhahahahahahahahhahahahaahhhhhhhhhhhhahahahahahahahaahhahahahahahahahhahahahaahhhhhhhhhhhhahahahahahahahaahhahahahahahahahhahahahaahhhhhhhhhhhhahahahahahahahaahhahahahahahahahhahahahaahhhhhhhhhhhhahahahahahahahaahhahahahahahahahhahahahaahhhhhhhhhhhhahahahahahahahaahhahahahahahahahhahahahaahhhhhhhhhhhhahahahahahahahaahhahahahahahahahhahahahaahhhhhhhhhhhhaha

P.R.exploder69

Mega Member
May 7, 2008
phoenix, az
still looking for a shop to fab up some beams for this thaaang....
another problem papa ran into. he just upgraded the brakes to a dual master cylinder setup and now hes trying to bleed the brakes.

we did the fronts fine, then went to do the back. after the second or third "pump the brakes and hold" papa notices some fluid coming out off the spot i circled in the pic. when he splits/unbolts the caliper, there's an o-ring right there where the hole to bolt the caliper together is. it looked kinda bad so, he replaced that o-ring. put it back together last night and it still leaks out of said hole......

these are old CNC calipers and yes, as i stated before somewhere..... we know they're out of business blah blah blah.

anyone else know what it could be???

Attachments

P.R.exploder69

Mega Member
May 7, 2008
phoenix, az
ok never mind the brake caliper question. gear one down here opened back up so papa took it down there and he pressurized it or something and said theres a crack in the threads. so, papa said he is going to talk to my cousin and see if he can tig weld a plug or something like that. idk. hes not home yet. hah

Latest posts

Today's birthdays

New Threads

New Classifieds

latest desert trips

Member Builds