Chop Shop Builds

Welcome to DezertRangers
Join the community. Register today for all the benefits of membership.
Register

P.R.exploder69

Mega Member
May 7, 2008
phoenix, az
thinking about it and loking at the picture...........? i could do the dark purple for now? wouldnt really matter if it was light gauge tubing. i think i could cope it to be half on the .120 main a-pillar tube and half on the light gauge dash tube?
would that be better than having the tube angle down, like the light purple?

P.R.exploder69

Mega Member
May 7, 2008
phoenix, az
papa and i need to look at the car this afternoon to see the specifics about those possibilities. we think, but cant recall, there might be a tube in the way.

plus, papa said hes ok with just taking it easy for the time that he save sup for a trans and then redo the front and back. he was mainly just asking me about it if, i knew of a quick simple fix for right now.

plus, he brought up that theres a nice aluminum panel that goes above your feet, on that plane, below the actual hood. thatd have to get cut up and shit. which he does not want to do for a quick simple fix for a season

Canks

OG Member
Mar 21, 2003
San Diego (Clairemont), CA
I rescind my original recommendation, I was under the impression that where the dash tube meets the A-pillar was also where the door bar connected giving a nice load path.

You could still run the light purple/pink line from A-pillar to shock "bulkhead" and from bulkhead down to the front of the upper a-arm mount.

P.R.exploder69

Mega Member
May 7, 2008
phoenix, az
Change back to the Pussy Getter.

Tried mexiHoRunners idea with pinching off the back brakes and whatnot and all of that. Didn't seem to work or get any better. So, bought a new (sugar only sold me manufactured ones) booster and a whole new master cylinder. Bleeding the brakes again as I type this, for the third time today..... Hopefully it works out and is all muy better now but, im to good at jynxing everything so, I won't say it.

I'll update as soon as we get done....

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

P.R.exploder69

Mega Member
May 7, 2008
phoenix, az
Just bled the brakes, new booster, new master, all that jazz.
The stopping power is ten million times better. I can feel the back brakes now. I can lock up all the brakes. It feels like it is actually going to stop now when I push on the brakes and I know I have more pedal to go, if I want to lock them up.
Only questionable thing is.... The pedal travel is a lot. I want to say it's softer but, papa said no. It's not that it's "softer", it just goes farther down, before it engages.

Jester9

The Jester's Workshop
Apr 1, 2014
Central Texas
Just bled the brakes, new booster, new master, all that jazz.
The stopping power is ten million times better. I can feel the back brakes now. I can lock up all the brakes. It feels like it is actually going to stop now when I push on the brakes and I know I have more pedal to go, if I want to lock them up.
Only questionable thing is.... The pedal travel is a lot. I want to say it's softer but, papa said no. It's not that it's "softer", it just goes farther down, before it engages.

Might be the new booster, every time I have replaced one it feels "different" whether it is pressure or travel distance. Being used to one way for so long then changing it up kinda thing

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

P.R.exploder69

Mega Member
May 7, 2008
phoenix, az
Might be the new booster, every time I have replaced one it feels "different" whether it is pressure or travel distance. Being used to one way for so long then changing it up kinda thing

yeah maybe. well mexihorunner told me how to adjust the pedal "throw" or whatever the technical term is so, were going to do that today. papa said he knew there was a way to do it, just wasnt positive. so, we plan to do that this afternoon.

Jester9

The Jester's Workshop
Apr 1, 2014
Central Texas
yeah maybe. well mexihorunner told me how to adjust the pedal "throw" or whatever the technical term is so, were going to do that today. papa said he knew there was a way to do it, just wasnt positive. so, we plan to do that this afternoon.
I believe there is a threaded shaft on the master cylinder that you can adjust

Reactions: P.R.exploder69

P.R.exploder69

Mega Member
May 7, 2008
phoenix, az
well, papa pulled the master cylinder and adjusted the rod and everything. So now, it's not perfect but, a lot better. I feel good about the brakes as is now!!!

🥱🤎🤎

Latest posts

Today's birthdays

New Threads

New Classifieds

latest desert trips

Member Builds