Chop Shop Builds

Welcome to DezertRangers
Join the community. Register today for all the benefits of membership.
Register

84projectford

Sep 8, 2010
Phoenix Az
papa said hydraulic lifters
and the head and valves were just done and i dont have 500 miles on them yet, either......
yeah but that dont mean they aint failing or something else. if they are not roller and are a flat tappet style (not sure what year your engine is) and you didnt change the cam at the same time, you very well could have a cam going flat. there will be mucho glitter in the oil from that though. find out what mfg lifters were put in, ive seen new ones fail.

a quick pull of the valve covers and checking for squishy push rods into the lifters will tell ya. whats oil pressure at hot idle like?

P.R.exploder69

Mega Member
May 7, 2008
phoenix, az
thank you guys for the help!
but honestly, right now im kinda just DGAFing it. im not in any rush to fix it up and whatnot. im sure papa will eventually do something to it and itll make me feel bad and ill start helping.
but honestly, im starting to take this yoga shit more seriously and I'm going to start doing the training shit to become a teacher. so im sure thatll take most of my free time that i have, which is already fucking none.
well hey, i do have 10ish more years to get it all dialed in. or not and ill make Brogs' figure it the fuck out. haha gotta learn somehow!!

84projectford

Sep 8, 2010
Phoenix Az
thank you guys for the help!
but honestly, right now im kinda just DGAFing it. im not in any rush to fix it up and whatnot. im sure papa will eventually do something to it and itll make me feel bad and ill start helping.
but honestly, im starting to take this yoga shit more seriously and I'm going to start doing the training shit to become a teacher. so im sure thatll take most of my free time that i have, which is already fucking none.
well hey, i do have 10ish more years to get it all dialed in. or not and ill make Brogs' figure it the fuck out. haha gotta learn somehow!!
i dont wanna hear it when i invite you on shit and that shit box is still fucking broke!! although it is summer time and that gay thing aint got a/c

P.R.exploder69

Mega Member
May 7, 2008
phoenix, az
i dont wanna hear it when i invite you on shit and that shit box is still fucking broke!! although it is summer time and that gay thing aint got a/c
'
I KNOW, I KNOW.
ur mawms room has AC tho..............

oooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

yeah, i literally DGAF anymore about going out a bunch. idk why, just dont. if something works out and i take it out, yay. if not, oh well.
like i said, i got 10 ish years before it needs to be dependable enough for Brogs'. he loves going out in the car and to the dunes already.

P.R.exploder69

Mega Member
May 7, 2008
phoenix, az
Just a quick update with no pics or boobs cause im gay as fawk, as you all know.

Talking to papa about what to do and whatnot and I've decided what to do.
I'm going to keep it 302 based. Already had these heads redone and whatnot, already have the EFI stuff for a 302, its already been wired for the most part really good for a 302, and whatnot.
So, im just going to rebuild this motor. New short block and clean up everything else while its out.
Also, going to finally do the new engine cage and probably make a new firewall for it. Or just cut this one out and get a stock replacement one from the junkyard to start fresh with.
Basically, redo the whole front end. Keep it 302 based though. Build steering for it, or maybe Ill just get an entire new frontend & steering and whatnot and then go with that but who knows if ill be able to afford that this decade. hah

soooooooooooooooooooooooooooo, yeah. fuck you, fuck me, fuck ur mawms

Reactions: mikey09120

Latest posts

New Threads

New Classifieds

latest desert trips

Member Builds