Class 7 Racer Build threads or truck info

Welcome to DezertRangers
Join the community. Register today for all the benefits of membership.
Register

F.A.S.T.clothing

Mega Member
Oct 5, 2008
Irvine, CA
Just been trying to find build threads on some of the 7200 drivers, like marc burnett i think he has the old camburg edge, does it still have just a 4.0 with bolt ons. i am mostly curious about what their running motor wise. I know travis B has that full tube chassis bms built does he got one of those 500+ hp motors or 200-300hp motor. From what ive seen a lot of bitd have tube with fiberglass bodies, do the most of the Snore guys have that, Heidi, marc and richard are all top runners correct running steel bodies and are they all just running a sohc motor. I really like to see some build threads just get some ideas to see if I should add or change stuff.

That howe steering box i see a lot on the camburg trucks is it a particular model for 4.0 rangers or?

You can also just post pics to, going to be running the ohv motor at Rage at the River but after that were going to the newer 4.0 for next year. Will be at pahrump but not racing.

Also im not sure if I read this wrong but on BITD it said payback 250 times a maximum of 4 entries that is only 1000 and some sanctions you can get up to 4000 as the number of entries increases. Just seems that with bitd being more than snore you get bigger payback, could be wrong. sWith all the parker races that is the closet for me. Still going to do Snore though. The prerunner A-Arm is either going to do 1450 or 850 in MORE i think it was and limit his travel.

F.A.S.T.clothing

Mega Member
Oct 5, 2008
Irvine, CA
does ross still have jusr a 4.0 in it..... he has the same light bar im workking on it.. and im doing sort of the same on ext cab but reverse, scoop coming from front

baja619

OG Member
Nov 12, 2004
Corona / San Diego
www.fiberwerx.com
Marc Burnettes Truck is all Fiberglass skins. Has been since last season. He runs a 4.0 SOHC that is highly tuned for optimum performance and reliability. Programmed by JuanCO and probably a race cam with all the bolt ons.

The black panels you see are all aluminum / tin panels and most often powder coated black. I know a lot of people will opt for the black texture powder coat finish.

F.A.S.T.clothing

Mega Member
Oct 5, 2008
Irvine, CA
is their any video of ross truck ive seen marc... also i know travis is pushing around 500 hp.. is marc getting that with the 4.0.... Curious also does heidi only place first when those dnf. cause shes only got like 250hp right... is that much more help alot, i know it comes down to the driver, but bogging down and soft areas gots to kill your time

fwx i wanted your opinion i know most of your trucks have lightbar over windsheild and i wanted to go that route but im getting remarks of not to because of glare and because i dont go over 80 mph like a trophy..but if glare is such a big thing how come so many of the big companies put up front, cant all be just for looks and style is it?

F.A.S.T.clothing

Mega Member
Oct 5, 2008
Irvine, CA
and the cp night race vids i saw top of whole entire clip was lit up and reflecting... i know there is something you can put down, or move your lights back to were beam does not hit hood

85yota

TT Motorsports
Nov 18, 2004
Phoenix, AZ
YOU DON"T NEED HORSEPOWER TO WIN RACES. Heidi's truck ran in 1450 at BAP this year with Cameron driving and I believe it got 3rd. You just need to know how to use the power you got and keep a smooth fast pace.

Latest posts

Today's birthdays

New Threads

New Classifieds

latest desert trips

Member Builds