Class 7s Toyotas

Welcome to DezertRangers
Join the community. Register today for all the benefits of membership.
Register

Poopy

Confused
Jan 25, 2009
Hey just wondering what toyota parts die or break and what people are doing to strengthen parts. Kind of a vague question I know, but everyones got some tips or tricks. Im just starting a build for a similar class.

Thanks

;)

EseLoco

Apr 27, 2005
Santa Ana
steering can be a big issue, so if rules permit, a good heim setup, but if not always run new tie rods, and balljoints obviously, run moog BJs. what year are you running? gusset the a-arm crossshaft mounts. that about all i got in my head

Poopy

Confused
Jan 25, 2009
Ive got a 91 2wd, going to start bending tube over the next few nights.

Thats the kind of info i'm shooting for, thanks!

rrp fabrication

Just a hobby!!!
May 11, 2006
Costa Mesa
www.rrpfabrication.com
If you can find pics of the General Tire Toyota 7s truck get ideas from that truck, it is one of the most reliable 7s Toyota's I've seen. I think they built a new spindle using Dana 44 snouts and run uniballs on the upper and lower arms, full heim steering, the idler arm is a weak area on these trucks too.

Poopy

Confused
Jan 25, 2009
Awesome thanks again guys! Im trying to find the general tire rig, no luck so far... I talked to Kurt last week via email, great help!

Poopy

Confused
Jan 25, 2009
might as well turn this into a build thread!

Im building a 2wd toyota to compete at KORRBC up in Kamloops, bc, canada this season. Basically its a motocross track for trucks. I just picked up a truck last week and the tear down is pretty much complete, now its time to build.

Specs are a little undecided, im running in the Mini truck class which allows motors that came in that body style up to 3.0L, stock lower a-arms, stock leaf spring mounts, no coilovers, but i can use aftermarket upper a-arms and spindles.

Motor currently 22re, but possibly a 3rz. The suspension will be fun I cant wait to see what we can do to it while still staying within the rules. Tires can be up to 31x10.5.

Tube should be coming in the next few days....then the fun begins

Here it is:

Sunday fun, Made about 5000 gussets as the rules say every intersection in the occupant area need a gusset..... well i have a lot of intersections. :rolleyes:

Oh well, I think its starting to look pretty pimp. Dropped the cage down and got it all fully welded, and tied into the body. Next up is the frame mounts and x-brace, then when the rest of the tube arrives do the bed cage.

Then jacked it back up....

Mocked up the front end to see how its lookin...

Ballin gussets

And last but certainly not least:

The HotRod Bender:

Travisfab

Staff member
Aug 21, 2003
San Diego
Good progress, you should run the SAW 300mm torsions up front with bypass shocks. I have seen a few long travel truck run this set up with good success.

Latest posts

Today's birthdays

New Threads

New Classifieds

latest desert trips

Member Builds