Clean Up Nov 16th 2019

Welcome to DezertRangers
Join the community. Register today for all the benefits of membership.
Register

85yota

TT Motorsports
Nov 18, 2004
Phoenix, AZ
Just get a Non Resident green sticker and say that it is registered in arizona. They would atleast physically see a green sticker on the vehilce and i doubt it would ever get questioned but cheap insurance.

dsrtrcr01

Jan 31, 2005
I have been busting ass to get my Xploder ready for this but doubt I’ll get it smogged in time, reg is paid and its insured but w/ expired tags....what’s the ranger/law enforcement like out there? I was at the DR Meat fest meet out there and didn’t see any the whole weekend. I will be trailering it out but it’s not green stickered or reg’d. Should I bother bringing it? I could bring CJ7 but leaf sprung front and rear :/
Are you a triple A member? If not go to DMV also.

All I did was explain that I needed to drive the vehicle to the repair shop and then from the repair shop to the smog and so on. They gave me 3 daily use moving permits. They asked what date they were for and I just said Not sure yet (Need to make appointments and crap). They left the date blank. I then just carried those permits with a pen on a clip board in the truck so if I got stopped I could pen in that date real quick (Or claim you forgot). BOOM daily moving permit. Be prepared to answer why you are driving in the desert on a daily permit. My answer was that the motor is new and will not pass smog due to the rings not being seated yet and I needed to put miles on it to break in the motor so it will pass smog.

I've done this at least 3 times so far. I think I have 4 or 5 permits for my truck just sitting here with no dates on them because I usually have some left over.

speed king

Sep 13, 2009
Apple Valley, CA
Who is all showing up Friday night? Trying to decide if I want to camp Friday or Saturday night. Also if anyone doesn’t mind me, my chick and dog camping with their group we’d appreciate it as all we are coming with is a tent, BBQ, maybe bringing the bike, and cooler.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

armrunner

OG Member
Feb 12, 2006
Bakersfield, CA
Who is all showing up Friday night? Trying to decide if I want to camp Friday or Saturday night. Also if anyone doesn’t mind me, my chick and dog camping with their group we’d appreciate it as all we are coming with is a tent, BBQ, maybe bringing the bike, and cooler.

If you are staying the night out there id say for sure camp Sat night.

NODNARB

Mega Member
Aug 18, 2004
Rancho Cucamonga
www.btf-fabrication.com
I have been busting ass to get my Xploder ready for this but doubt I’ll get it smogged in time, reg is paid and its insured but w/ expired tags....what’s the ranger/law enforcement like out there? I was at the DR Meat fest meet out there and didn’t see any the whole weekend. I will be trailering it out but it’s not green stickered or reg’d. Should I bother bringing it? I could bring CJ7 but leaf sprung front and rear :/
I’m driving mine with expired tags. Lol
If the tags are less than 6 months out I wouldn’t sweat it one bit.

There will be rangers there most likely but the last cleanups they’ve been super nice and happy about what’s going on. And they’ve typically left fairly early in the day.

GahnRacing

Bonsai Trimmer
Oct 5, 2012
Clovis, CA
Take the plate off your wife’s car.. easy peasy

ucd baja

#1 Pig Killer
Dec 16, 2008
Plainfield, CA
All good ideas, thanks guys. I do have AAA but taking time off to go in is going to be hard. The plates are expired like 9 or 10 moths... I’ll be there no matter what. Heading down from Outside Sacramento Friday mid morning hoping to get there before dark. I’ll have meat to bbq and am camping out Friday and Sat night. Bringing my son and Morgan I think his screen name is XLTMiller on here??? I’ll have my green Xploder and a green Excursion feel free to camp w/ us if you like beer and vote republican. Just kidding, but seriously no snow flakes.

Where’s the spot to camp, same spot as the DR food fest a year or so ago?

Latest posts

Today's birthdays

New Threads

New Classifieds

latest desert trips

Member Builds