Coil Baja Setup help

Welcome to DezertRangers
Join the community. Register today for all the benefits of membership.
Register

partybarge_pilot

Uno mas Cervesa!
May 14, 2004
Boringsville
300 is a good starting point, I have run much more than that in testing. I have a 1500PSI regulator for such shenanigans. Also doubles for filling the pneumatic counter balance on my mill......

A fox resi is good for 1600PSI if you were nervous about putting more pressure in.

partybarge_pilot

Uno mas Cervesa!
May 14, 2004
Boringsville
Also, it's not just kings. All resi out the top shocks without a base valve will need that much or more depending on the valving. Not enough and your backer O-rings on the piston will disappear and your oil will get burnt in a few hundred miles.

FasterNU

Mega Member
Jun 28, 2006
San Diego
Yup. without a bypass I had to crank pressures to 330 PSI. I was also doing a rate plate.

Seems like with a big heavy truck... the high pressure doesn't matter like it does on MTB and motos.

I wanna see what this restakor stuff is. Is it free?

dixon cider

Jan 20, 2021
California
Yup. without a bypass I had to crank pressures to 330 PSI. I was also doing a rate plate.

Seems like with a big heavy truck... the high pressure doesn't matter like it does on MTB and motos.

I wanna see what this restakor stuff is. Is it free?
It's not free,
You need open office or excel, excel being much better, open office is finicky and you have to do more work to get it to display properly

You have to put in lots of measurements from your piston, your shock body and shaft diameter.
The geometry is labeled strange like d port, r port, d throat, n throat, d bleed, N click so you have to look at the instructions while measuring up your pistons. Enter reservoir size and pressure.

You can then enter a stack, which unfortunately is in metric, you can make a quick converter to copy/paste from or memorize the sizes in metric, then you can run the stack and it gives you an output, well several really. But one looks like a shock dyno graph, and another is the shim stack shown at whatever velocity or force you specify. There are other graphs like shim lift to port flow as well.

Its interesting but its a bit tedious...

Latest posts

New Threads

New Classifieds

latest desert trips

Member Builds