Coilovers converted to a strut.

Welcome to DezertRangers
Join the community. Register today for all the benefits of membership.
Register

Ryan Jubera

Apr 12, 2008
Hemet
www.instagram.com
So i have been contemplating doing some work to the wife expo front end. The front is currently a strut suspension. We live off a dirt road and would like to put some small kings on it to improve the ride some while giving it a little more lift and get rid of the spacer on it. Thoughts on converting a coilover to a strut. Will it take the side load etc. Only other option would be to do an upper arm with some sort of upper arm sub frame for mounts etc. Car is AWD too. Just spit balling.

Sent from my LG-H820 using Tapatalk

84projectford

Sep 8, 2010
Phoenix Az
i looked into this big time for my shit box. i think your issue will be more weight related in taking the side loads and every other direction of load besides up and down. There were a few suzuki guys who converted a fox 2.0 shock with 7/8 shaft to work on the zuk front ends but you are talking about a much lighter front end as well.

is it the wash boards that beat you up?

Nov 9, 2008
Carolina South
There was a dude with a Subaru that I was following when I was doing Subaru things. He made his own struts. Basically a shock that rode inside a tube like one of those rally race struts. I'll see if I can find it.

Sent from my IN2017 using Tapatalk

Nov 9, 2008
Carolina South
This is the guy. Believe he even raced the Vegas to Reno one year. Lemme find the threads

Latest posts

Today's birthdays

New Threads

New Classifieds

latest desert trips

Member Builds