Converting 5x135mm to 5x5.5, thoughts?

Welcome to DezertRangers
Join the community. Register today for all the benefits of membership.
Register

Forget Regrets

SiCCMADE
Dec 18, 2010
Santa Ana
So I have walker Evans wheels on my truck. They’re beadlocks and I’m trying to not get rid of them but wondering if I have enough surface area and hub clearance to fit a Dana 44 hub and redrill to 5x5.5 with 5/8 studs wheel pattern. The center of my wheel is 3.5”.

Reason for wanting to convert is because I have Larimore’s old race kit off the juggernaut. Any thoughts about this conversion, has it been done, do you know someone, best way to go about it??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

85yota

TT Motorsports
Nov 18, 2004
Phoenix, AZ
D44 hub should fit through that wheel no problem. Either re drill D44 hub and rotor to 5x135 or re drill a second 5 lug pattern in wheel.

Forget Regrets

SiCCMADE
Dec 18, 2010
Santa Ana
D44 hub should fit through that wheel no problem. Either re drill D44 hub and rotor to 5x135 or re drill a second 5 lug pattern in wheel.
That’s what I was thinking that could be done. Everyone’s been giving me the “idk if you can do that/ you need to get rid of those wheels and get new ones” spiel lately.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

85yota

TT Motorsports
Nov 18, 2004
Phoenix, AZ
Any machine shop worth a shit can re drill the hubs for you. OR if you get the rotors machined to fit over the hub tight you can use that as a drill guide and do it yourself.

Reactions: Forget Regrets

84projectford

Sep 8, 2010
Phoenix Az
A good machinist can drill the pattern over the existing one if your upsizing the studs.
^^this

on my rear axle that was 5 on 135, i just redrilled a new 5 on 5.5 pattern. easier since i could make a centering ring for old 5 on 5.5 wheel spacers i had and use those as a way to put a center punch right where the drill bit would be cutting.

Latest posts

Today's birthdays

New Threads

New Classifieds

latest desert trips

Member Builds