Crew cab obs Chevy

Welcome to DezertRangers
Join the community. Register today for all the benefits of membership.
Register

85dangerranger

May 11, 2011
Yucaipa

I got a good amount done today on both sides, have to clearance upper arms, notch out shock hoop where header barely hits but I don’t want to risk it flexing and messing up headers. Also found out I need new shock uniballs one is seized and wouldn’t rotate so while I was mocking it up I tore up the lower rod end.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

85dangerranger

May 11, 2011
Yucaipa
How long did it take you to throw the coil bucket delete kit in? I just picked one up and I'm trying to plot out a schedule for it.
Depends really but if you have a decent grinder or plasma probably be able to knock it out in a day. Especially if you are still using stock upper arm mounts.

85dangerranger

May 11, 2011
Yucaipa
Went out to Johnson valley for thanksgiving, that place was just a giant dust bowl especially at night time it was like driving in a snow storm. Other than that only issue was blowing the driver side shock and oil cooler lines finally started letting go. Also Installed 55w hids in my hi beams which were pointless since it was so dusty other than that it was good time.

Also I cleaned up the front frame horns finally, along with fixed my sloppy steering by replacing the rag joint with a u joint, and tightened up the box some.

Reactions: themoneypit

85dangerranger

May 11, 2011
Yucaipa
Well since I don’t have a tube bender I had my buddy craig build me a bumper, the po decided 5/8th bolts and 3/4 holes were suitable to hold a skid plate on. So I just need to get another sheet to make a new skid plate. Also added pre filter to try and help keep some extra dirt out. Finally got around to mounting the spare Y strap, I just need to find another bfg for the spare now.

Latest posts

Today's birthdays

New Threads

New Classifieds

latest desert trips

Member Builds