Crew cab obs Chevy

Welcome to DezertRangers
Join the community. Register today for all the benefits of membership.
Register

FasterNU

Mega Member
Jun 28, 2006
San Diego
what's with the viewing hole junction in the engine cross member? I would guess to access a bolt... but i taint seeing no bolt?

85dangerranger

May 11, 2011
Yucaipa
what's with the viewing hole junction in the engine cross member? I would guess to access a bolt... but i taint seeing no bolt?
Well initially when I made the cross over it was mitered but looked like crap, so I remade it like that with intentions to make a overlay piece to cover up holes and spread across both tubes a couple inches. But haven’t gotten around to it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

85dangerranger

May 11, 2011
Yucaipa

Thinking of getting one of these coolers for my P/S since when I capped the frame horns I got rid of the factory spaghetti line cooler. Any input on these is appreciated.

ovrebo1

Asshole/ helpful
Dec 10, 2007
Colorado
I was just thinking about your truck the other day!
I finally posted an update in my build thread. Its just been super slow go with the LQ swap and then the wiring. I think I'm finally over the hump though and should start driving it regularly again

85dangerranger

May 11, 2011
Yucaipa
I need to replace my rag joint. Do you have a part number on the joint you used?
Ensun 3/4-30 Spline x 1 DD Black Single Steering Shaft Universal U Joint, Maximum Working Angle: 35° Degree, Total Length: 83mm (3-1/4")
This is the one I used, seems to be holding up fine and steering is a lot better now.

Reactions: ovrebo1

ovrebo1

Asshole/ helpful
Dec 10, 2007
Colorado
Ensun 3/4-30 Spline x 1 DD Black Single Steering Shaft Universal U Joint, Maximum Working Angle: 35° Degree, Total Length: 83mm (3-1/4")
This is the one I used, seems to be holding up fine and steering is a lot better now.

thank you thank you thank you! Ordering right now!

Latest posts

Today's birthdays

New Threads

New Classifieds

latest desert trips

Member Builds