D44 ttb first Gen 2002 frontier cab build

Welcome to DezertRangers
Join the community. Register today for all the benefits of membership.
Register

littlebird

Feb 26, 2019
NY
Seems like Frontier chassis are cursed after hearing James' story and now this. Also seems like this Ocho guy is taking a nice piece of the pie from the other bronco/ttb shops.

kx1hundred

Apr 13, 2008
fontUCKY
Spencer's nickname was Slurr. He liked to party LOL. I had some good times with him at races but have never done business with him.
his fab work looked real high quality from the pictures I remember looking at back in 2007. I have some pics I saved on an old lap top if I can get it running

kx1hundred

Apr 13, 2008
fontUCKY
Seems like Frontier chassis are cursed after hearing James' story and now this. Also seems like this Ocho guy is taking a nice piece of the pie from the other bronco/ttb shops.
What happened to James truck. They are boxes frames but they are flimsy compared to ranger frames which most people don’t even bother plating or boxing.
Ohhcho fab has some quality work. Especially with his fully fabricated TTB.

kx1hundred

Apr 13, 2008
fontUCKY
Any d44 parts send them my way. Also for my new build I will be using an lq4 or lq9 with a 4L80 trans and transfer case

Talking about James Frontier reminds me I offered Kirby off road to build me the same set up for James holguin. Unfortunately for me he turned me down. Later when James was ready to up his Frontier some one beat me to his set up. I would’ve been content with that kit.

but anyways d44 beams it is. I tried every Avenue of approach but using the ranger frame is the fastest way to get me running again after having the truck sit stagnant for so long. Letting tires just rot constantly inflating them.

By then end of 2019 I ended up buying a 2019 rzr to get my me by while I thought I would finish my Frontier with a weld it yourself center mount kit by 3linked or Stewart built on Instagram.
I ended up buying the 3/4 inch thick hub blocks from next Gen off-road. Jamar 2.5 snouts. Camburg 2.5 hubs and bearings which have been sitting in my garage just collecting dust since my plane have once again changed direction.

I was so disappointed with the rzr because Polaris advertisees as 20 inches of usable travel not the same as wheel travel. My search for a smooth off-road ride was a continued struggle with a sxs. Wasted money in suspension and tires on the rzr. I ended up buying a 2020 cam am 4 seater 195 hp still in search for a smooth off road ride this seemed to fit my need. After spending a few thousand dollars putting me astray from my end goal of finishing my Frontier

mid 2020 I believe I stopped by heavy97chevy for his long travel kit which looks clean for obs Chevy 20 inches. I had told him by the beginning it this year 2021 I would be looking to move forward with his obs Chevy kit 20inches of travel.

Since then my intentions have changed to use the explorer chassis for d44 conversion.I have finalized the outcome of this old Frontier that has been neglected over the last decade

Last edited:

Latest posts

Today's birthdays

New Threads

New Classifieds

latest desert trips

Member Builds