D44 ttb first Gen 2002 frontier cab build

Welcome to DezertRangers
Join the community. Register today for all the benefits of membership.
Register

kx1hundred

Apr 13, 2008
fontUCKY
Factory Racing Dan Chamlee helped out with the roll-cage on our Toyota crawler!

Super cool guy with TONS of knowledge and experience.
i wonder if they were on to something with the rcv joints no one seems to know much about running those with the ttb as they can achieve more angle with strength than oe stuff. The cost is a deterrent but if more bump travel is achievable with more reliability I think it’s with the $2000

kx1hundred

Apr 13, 2008
fontUCKY
I used to run 4x4 through the whoops at speed in my ranger. Nothing unheard of but it is harder on parts. RCV's are strong, no doubt.
how was your set up on your ranger. What parts were you running. I plan on running 37s so don’t plan on frequently using the 4x4

GahnRacing

Bonsai Trimmer
Oct 5, 2012
California
PSDirtracer and I were just talking about axles for TTBs. Properly clearance the axle yokes, run an open diff, and you’ll be good. 18-19” of travel is plenty good. If you read that post you attached from DezertWife Photography, you’ll see they didn’t gain any bump travel, only droop.

partybarge_pilot

Uno mas Cervesa!
May 14, 2004
Boringsville
RCV'S work better than a U-joint because there are no speed oscillations. You don't have a complimentary angle to cancel them out like on a drive shaft. They also get more angle.

Reactions: mikey09120

Latest posts

Today's birthdays

New Threads

New Classifieds

latest desert trips

Member Builds