Daily Driver F150 Build

Welcome to DezertRangers
Join the community. Register today for all the benefits of membership.
Register

AZ F150

Nov 25, 2012
Phoenix, AZ
So far so good with the Raptor shocks. I have a 2012 XLT and they bolted right up. I didn’t modify any OEM mounting, I believe your truck would be the same.
I’ve heard they are longer than the gen 1 rear shocks. Are you 4x4? If so I wonder if the rear block helps you since they are longer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

98RangerDAVE

Smile...Wait for Flash
May 11, 2007
High Desert, CA
I’ve heard they are longer than the gen 1 rear shocks. Are you 4x4? If so I wonder if the rear block helps you since they are longer.

I’m not sure the lengths compared to the Gen 1 but they bolted right up. You’re right though the lift block helped out with fitment. Roost shields needed to be removed though before installed, there was no way to make them work with the parking brake cables.

Attachments

Reactions: AZ F150

AZ F150

Nov 25, 2012
Phoenix, AZ
I’m not sure the lengths compared to the Gen 1 but they bolted right up. You’re right though the lift block helped out with fitment. Roost shields needed to be removed though before installed, there was no way to make them work with the parking brake cables.
Looks good! Yea those roost shields take up a lot of space! I think its a tight fit on my gen 1 shocks with the parking brake cables. Where do you normally go off-roading?

AZ F150

Nov 25, 2012
Phoenix, AZ
Valley Of The Gods.
Muley Point.
Monument Valley.
Gooseneck State Park.

The drive to Valley of the Gods to camp for the night was a long one but it was definitely worth the experience. The next morning we packed up camp and drove 17 miles through the Valley of the Gods and checked out Muley Point and the rest of the breathtaking terrain before getting rained on around mid morning.
We setup camp at Gooseneck State Park for the second night and then headed to Monument Valley for pictures. I don’t think any of us were prepared for how hard the storm was going to hit our camp Saturday night. The rain started around 7pm and rained pretty much all night. The next morning our camp looked like a muddy swamp. Such an amazing camping trip, I can’t wait to plan another one, hopefully without rain in the forecast.

Turboyota

Mar 29, 2017
Yucaipa
Awesome pics! Looks like a wonderfully scenic camping trip! I bet it smelled great—I love rainy dezert aromas.

More yoga pants, por favor.

AZ F150

Nov 25, 2012
Phoenix, AZ
I hope you don’t mind that I’m borrowing your skid plate idea....
I don’t mind at all, I saw a tube bumper that I really liked and it mounted to the front crossmember so I stole that idea and used some inspiration from a 4Runner build on DR to make mine. I have to trim my bumper ends a little bit for my 37’s and then I’m going to strengthen the ends of the bumper with some tubes going to a bolt on frame bracket. I’d love to check yours out when you are done, or if you want to look at mine for measurements just let me know

Reactions: 98RangerDAVE

AZ F150

Nov 25, 2012
Phoenix, AZ
Awesome pics! Looks like a wonderfully scenic camping trip! I bet it smelled great—I love rainy dezert aromas.

More yoga pants, por favor.
Thank you! It was a great trip! I’d love to go back and camp in the Valley of the Gods for more than one night next time and maybe check out the natural bridges that they have. It smelled amazing but our camp was practically a muddy swamp on Sunday.

As I take more pictures I’ll try and get more yoga pant shots haha

Reactions: ucd baja

traxiii

"GET OFF MY LAWN!"
Oct 7, 2009
NOR CAL
Love the shots from the middle of the road, I think I can see John Wayne and his cavalry troop riding to the rescue through the mist in the background.

Latest posts

Today's birthdays

New Threads

New Classifieds

latest desert trips

Member Builds