Dent side Build thread recommendations

Welcome to DezertRangers
Join the community. Register today for all the benefits of membership.
Register

CGILES01

Feb 4, 2009
I’m getting ready to start collecting ideas and parts for a 79 F-150 super cab build does any one have some good recommendations for dent side builds?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bertismyname

Oct 1, 2018
San Diego
My reasoning for the frame swap is this . The bump and dent side frames have a ton of flex. Welding cages to them is tough to do and not have the truck tear itself apart. Rear steer is hard to package with a swinger. Suspension options are limited to one or two manufacturers. An 80s or early 90s frame has more options for suspension and powertrain. I've fought steering issues with my bump side and I'm still not too happy with it. Bump steer is tough to eliminate with the rear steer.

CGILES01

Feb 4, 2009
My reasoning for the frame swap is this . The bump and dent side frames have a ton of flex. Welding cages to them is tough to do and not have the truck tear itself apart. Rear steer is hard to package with a swinger. Suspension options are limited to one or two manufacturers. An 80s or early 90s frame has more options for suspension and powertrain. I've fought steering issues with my bump side and I'm still not too happy with it. Bump steer is tough to eliminate with the rear steer.

I’m building it as a dedicated dune toy. I run and program Cnc machines so plan to build everything. The truck is getting back halfed. I plan to run custom king pin beams up front. Will most likely run front steer not keep the rear steer. The frame will get boxed front to rear and power plant is planned to be a coyote motor. I’m starting with just a cab and frame and building the rest. I have been building jeeps and rock crawlers for a few years. This is also not my first pre runner.

CGILES01

Feb 4, 2009
That thought has crossed my mind. Keeping the stock frame does give me a starting point but we will see what way I go when I start the build. I’m just In The info gathering and parts collecting stage right now

Reactions: Brandon_Charley

Latest posts

Today's birthdays

New Threads

New Classifieds

latest desert trips

Member Builds