Derek's new class 5 car build thread

Welcome to DezertRangers
Join the community. Register today for all the benefits of membership.
Register

TurboDon

Dec 9, 2009
Costa Mesa
Looks good. Something to keep in mind and we've all heard it before: "Ecotecs don't run hot. Ecotecs run soooo cool." ...Misguided statement, because if your temp sender is in that billet water neck, its on the inlet side of the water pump and is measuring water temperature before it travels through the engine. Ideally it'll be located at the water outlet on the head. If you're racing it hard and think "oh man I'm getting warm gauge says 220"..... you're really well past 240! Cant wait to see that thing run!

Last edited:

DEEZS

Feb 24, 2009
Chino Hills
Looks good. Something to keep in mind and we've all heard it before: "Ecotecs don't run hot. Ecotecs run soooo cool." ...Misguided statement, because if your temp sender is in that billet water neck, its on the inlet side of the water pump and is measuring water temperature before it travels through the engine. Ideally it'll be located at the water outlet on the head. If you're racing it hard and think "oh man I'm getting warm gauge says 220"..... you're really well past 240! Cant wait to see that thing run!
No that's all changing Cbm does some stuff on the harness that me and jake don't like so we are changing a bunch of it here's the car as it sits now We are waiting on the ram to show up from Howe

fourstroker

Bald Eagle Racing
Aug 10, 2005
Garden Grove
Saw the build thread on RDC and put 2 and 2 together. Looks great. You plan on running the 35's on all fours? Might be a little rough on spindles. Or at least increase the maintenance schedule. Keep posting!!!

DEEZS

Feb 24, 2009
Chino Hills
Saw the build thread on RDC and put 2 and 2 together. Looks great. You plan on running the 35's on all fours? Might be a little rough on spindles. Or at least increase the maintenance schedule. Keep posting!!!
Yep that's the plans I have King Kong spidels they should last but il always check after every race

fourstroker

Bald Eagle Racing
Aug 10, 2005
Garden Grove
When we ran the heavier tires we found ourselves replacing link pin bushings and shims and reshimming the king pin clips every other race. Never had a spindle failure in 5 years though

Latest posts

Today's birthdays

New Threads

New Classifieds

latest desert trips

Member Builds