Diez - OBS F-250 CCSB Tow Rig

Welcome to DezertRangers
Join the community. Register today for all the benefits of membership.
Register

dsrtrcr01

Jan 31, 2005
Truck is beautiful. Only thing I think it needs is raw aluminum or polished wheels. (Personal preference)

Reactions: maxwell279

84projectford

Sep 8, 2010
Phoenix Az
if you put any kind of cleaner in the tank or additive that has a cleaner, it picks up all the junk in the bottom of the tank and sends it to the fuel system. alge is rare out there, specially newer diesel fuels. shits gotta sit stagnate for a few years before you gotta worry. even still, on a 7.3 it will most likely run fine lol.

just keep a spare filter with you and change it once an oil change. fuel filters on diesels are like spark plugs on 2 strokes. running bad? change the filter. poor fuel mileage? change the filter. wont shift? change the fuel filter. flat tire? change the fuel filter. as dumb as "wont shift, change the fuel filter" sounds, its actually a real deal and seen this happen quite a bit with guys that never change the damn filter/s.

Reactions: A.J. and maxwell279

maxwell279

Expert Member
Jan 2, 2012
Lakeside, CA
www.instagram.com
if you put any kind of cleaner in the tank or additive that has a cleaner, it picks up all the junk in the bottom of the tank and sends it to the fuel system. alge is rare out there, specially newer diesel fuels. shits gotta sit stagnate for a few years before you gotta worry. even still, on a 7.3 it will most likely run fine lol.

just keep a spare filter with you and change it once an oil change. fuel filters on diesels are like spark plugs on 2 strokes. running bad? change the filter. poor fuel mileage? change the filter. wont shift? change the fuel filter. flat tire? change the fuel filter. as dumb as "wont shift, change the fuel filter" sounds, its actually a real deal and seen this happen quite a bit with guys that never change the damn filter/s.
I change it with oil changes most definitely!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: ljubera0250

dsrtrcr01

Jan 31, 2005
I somewhat agree. Everyone is going that route these days, and they all look the same
Only reason I like it is because I am old and that is what was cool "back in the day" (When this truck was new). I also know it is his truck and he should run what he likes and not what I like.

ucd baja

#1 Pig Killer
Dec 16, 2008
Guinda, CA
Truck looks good but the 3rd picture down on your diff cover sequence on the front the u bolts is loose. Maybe you were working on those too just noticed. I have a 2wd 97 460 gasser and love it! But really wish it was crew cab 7.3!!

Reactions: maxwell279

maxwell279

Expert Member
Jan 2, 2012
Lakeside, CA
www.instagram.com
Truck looks good but the 3rd picture down on your diff cover sequence on the front the u bolts is loose. Maybe you were working on those too just noticed. I have a 2wd 97 460 gasser and love it! But really wish it was crew cab 7.3!!
Good eye! I had loosened it up to get to bolt on the original cover ! It’s all right now !

Reactions: ucd baja

maxwell279

Expert Member
Jan 2, 2012
Lakeside, CA
www.instagram.com
Logan made me feel like I should update this thread.

So here we go...

New tailgate pad because big mountain bike guy.

Front yard shot. Notice I took the tent off.

Because. Whammo. New to me Lance Camper. My GF and I are remodeling it currently should be pretty cool when all said and done. And yes I know I need some airbags lol. And real tie downs.

dsrtrcr01

Jan 31, 2005
Sweet setup. Turnbuckles not tie downs right? Watch the corners where the jacks mount. They like to cause problems. Had one fall over and pin a friend next to his block wall. That is the only thing that scares me about them is getting them on and off the truck with those long legs. OH and being in them when it is super windy out in the desert is a fun ride. A friend and I got up in the middle of the night and moved 2 trucks so we could tie it down to them because we were sure it was going over in the middle of the night once.

Latest posts

Today's birthdays

New Threads

New Classifieds

latest desert trips

Member Builds