Diy beams

Welcome to DezertRangers
Join the community. Register today for all the benefits of membership.
Register

Dblankenship

May 4, 2020
Graham wa
Hey guys I have a 96 2wd ranger regular cab. Me and a buddy were thinking about building some beams for it with heim joints to connect the spindle. Then I can set the camber pretty easy. My only concern is i haven't seen this done yet. Has anyone on here done with style with success and not breaking. I know about using kings or cutting some tabs. Correct me if this isnt the right spot. Also the plans for the truck is mid to long travel. And leafs in the rear. Nothing crazy.

Jester9

The Jester's Workshop
Apr 1, 2014
Central Texas
It has been done but I do not know the outcome, the lower half utilized a uniball and the upper utilized a heim.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Jester9

The Jester's Workshop
Apr 1, 2014
Central Texas
Hey guys I have a 96 2wd ranger regular cab. Me and a buddy were thinking about building some beams for it with heim joints to connect the spindle. Then I can set the camber pretty easy. My only concern is i haven't seen this done yet. Has anyone on here done with style with success and not breaking. I know about using kings or cutting some tabs. Correct me if this isnt the right spot. Also the plans for the truck is mid to long travel. And leafs in the rear. Nothing crazy.
Another consideration is that you will have to make custom hubs, more info on your build criteria would help... DD, race, fun trailer queen, budget, etc

Dblankenship

May 4, 2020
Graham wa
Another consideration is that you will have to make custom hubs, more info on your build criteria would help... DD, race, fun trailer queen, budget, etc

It's a dd at this time but I'm sure as it get farther along it will end up being more of a fun trailer queen. And I'm trying to keep it more budget oriented. And just out of curiosity why custom hubs? At this time I wanna try to keep it pretty small tire 31 to 33s. I live in wa so it will be mostly on the back country roads up on the mountains with some dunes trips to oregon here and there. New to prerunner mostly a background in wheels and some tube buggy stuff between me and my buddy.

marcytech

Mega Member
Mar 16, 2011
youll need race hubs because youll be building custom spindles and theres no real good way to attach a stock hub to a custom fabricated spindle. the only non race hub worth your time will be a D44. no sense in worrying about the strength of the heims on the beam ends if youre gonna put stock hubs on them...those will go first.
heres another setup using heims and uniballs. personally, i wouldnt do two heims, just one with a uniball lower pivot

Reactions: ljubera0250

mikebrier12

Aug 30, 2010
California
If your trying to keep it budget friendly you might as well use d44 ends with ball joints and factory spindles. I believe setups above with heims only give you 5* of adjustment. if your building custom beams you can set them up to desired ride height and get about 3 degrees of camber adjustment with factory adjusters.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

New Threads

New Classifieds

latest desert trips

Member Builds