Does anyone have long travel plans for ranger control arms?

Welcome to DezertRangers
Join the community. Register today for all the benefits of membership.
Register
Nov 25, 2019
Reno
Hello. I have a 1998 ford ranger which has control arms, and I’ve been wanting to do a long travel suspension up front for awhile. I have already done the rear, but don’t have the funds to buy a front setup. I’m looking for plans to fabricate control arms as I do have the ability to do that given instructions. I would appreciate any help, thank you. I’ve attached a picture of my ranger as it sits. I’ve been off roading it on stock front suspension, and it does well, but I would like more travel. Thank you for any help.

Attachments

Turboyota

Mar 29, 2017
Yucaipa
Shit. Just saw you’re in Reno.

Probably a little outta the way to borrow a weld jig from socal...

smokeysevin

is Ron Burgundy?
Dec 28, 2012
Houston
I like the uniball adjustment, I wish I had thought to do it like that when I was playing with upper arms on my tundra. I used the upper pivot points to shift the angle instead which was a pain.

Sean

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk

Nov 25, 2019
Reno
Shit. Just saw you’re in Reno.

Probably a little outta the way to borrow a weld jig from socal...
I appreciate the reply. Yes I am in Reno but I will be making a trip down to Long Beach this December for Christmas. I would love to collaborate and possibly find a way for me to pick up that jig, as it would be extremely useful to me. If that doesn’t work, would you be willing to show me how to build a jig of my own for an added 4 inches? Thank you

Latest posts

Today's birthdays

New Threads

New Classifieds

latest desert trips

Member Builds