DR Marine rides ...

Welcome to DezertRangers
Join the community. Register today for all the benefits of membership.
Register

dsrtrcr01

Jan 31, 2005
That's pretty old idea right? I remember when this was installed on Jims red 4x at Protrux MANY moons ago.

smokeysevin

is Ron Burgundy?
Dec 28, 2012
Houston
Certain states bitch about it not being a valid e-brake because its not directly on the axle. (Texas being one of them I have been told) Otherwise its a great system because you get a mechanical advantage since you are braking through the gear reduction of the axle.

Sean

yltaco05

Jan 18, 2006
Fullerton, CA
really? didn't know that. i guess it makes sense though. a lot of components could fail after the brake, rendering it useless (if mounted on the driveline) whereas on the wheel, the brake would have to fail.

GahnRacing

Bonsai Trimmer
Oct 5, 2012
Clovis, CA
I think if I put it in 4 low I should be fine. I never wanted to put a goon handle in my truck but if I'm going to go through the effort of running brake lines into the cab I might as well go full goon, and incorporate some sort of locking pin into the handle. I need to redo a little bit of my center console anyways. I just found a BW1354 manual case.

yltaco05

Jan 18, 2006
Fullerton, CA
i like the pin idea better then a separate line lock as well. as long as the pressure doesn't bleed out you should be good for launching/loading. in 4lo will help too.

Reactions: GahnRacing

GahnRacing

Bonsai Trimmer
Oct 5, 2012
Clovis, CA
Also my trolling motor has I-pilot and a remote so I might give it a try by unloading the boat remotely. I'll have to wait for a warm day though in case I have to go swimming for it lol
IMG_1232.JPG

Latest posts

Today's birthdays

New Threads

New Classifieds

latest desert trips

Member Builds