Equal length ttb

Welcome to DezertRangers
Join the community. Register today for all the benefits of membership.
Register

bri_man57

Need to Build
Jul 11, 2005
Ventura, California
Really stoked to see you working in the shop again dude, and especially on something cool like this. I have thought much about equal length ttb, but have never got around to trying it. I always looked at that blazer Raquel, and it appeared to be a 2wd style in 4wd. By that I mean brackets off the side of the frame, I can dream right?

I have seen another setup, but it was more like a traditional ttb with pass beam behind driver beam, and they extended the short beam as much as they could to the driveshaft, and then shortened the long beam to match.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

85yota

TT Motorsports
Nov 18, 2004
Santa Maria, CA
www.tt-motorsports.com
Yeah I'm doing true equal length style but eith the 4x4 diff I need to put the passenger beam infront of the driver beam and kind of make the beam from radius arm bend forward to go around driver beam and mount but let the axle go to the knuckle to make 4x4 still work. Gonna extend stock axles to check binding and angles to see if I need to rotate the diff or anything like that to avoid binding or extreme angles.

Reactions: SoupGFX

bri_man57

Need to Build
Jul 11, 2005
Ventura, California
Ya, even that blazer, the pass beam had a pretty serious kick to get around the diff and then grab the radius arm. Then I can only imagine steering gets difficult when doing that. I was underneath looking at my truck (ranger) and looked like the pass beam bracket would be in my steering box lol.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

85yota

TT Motorsports
Nov 18, 2004
Santa Maria, CA
www.tt-motorsports.com
Was able to use the cut off piece on passenger beam to extend the driver beam so diff will be inside the frame and correct position for front driveline. I set the beam end around 7 deg caster and roller pinion up slightly more than factory since i'm running a CV front driveline and known i need it inline with the front driveshaft.

Reactions: Turboyota

85yota

TT Motorsports
Nov 18, 2004
Santa Maria, CA
www.tt-motorsports.com
Too bad in the move I somehow lost the front diff AND both brake calipers. Calipers no big deal since i would replace with rebuilt ones anyways but that damn diff is needed to mock everything up. Hoping to find someone who swapped in a D60 F350 front end under the F250 like the guy i got my current beams from. OR if someone has a diff for sale let me know for sure. Thanks

85yota

TT Motorsports
Nov 18, 2004
Santa Maria, CA
www.tt-motorsports.com
More progress. Need to finish gusseting the passenger beam at the end where it attaches to the knuckle. AND i will be plating the entire beam between the tubes as well.

Attachments

Latest posts

Today's birthdays

New Threads

New Classifieds

latest desert trips

Member Builds