F150 4WD front hubs

Welcome to DezertRangers
Join the community. Register today for all the benefits of membership.
Register

RoachinVegas

May 10, 2015
Lost Wages
So I'm finally getting around to gathering parts to finish building the rear of my truck and in looking at rear ends with hubs the bolt pattern is either 6x5.5 or 5x5.5. I would need to upgrade the front hubs because 1, they're stock, and two, a different bolt pattern. What are my options for the front as I want to keep 4wd?

Speak slowly I'm the guy with the bajakits front and according to most I'm a dummy.

96f-u250

Sep 27, 2013
VenTurA 805!
Unless you are set on upgrading front hubs and bolt pattern, you should check out pricing for new axle shafts with 6x135 bolt pattern to put into whatever rearends you are looking at.. or for max width look for an used raptor rear end and keep your 6x135 pattern as well.

RoachinVegas

May 10, 2015
Lost Wages
I want a stronger rear end than the stock Ford. It's time to back half/link. Currie would be a good option with their F9 and 6x135 but I've read some not so great things about them recently. I'll probably end up ordering a complete rear end from Camburg.

Unless you are set on upgrading front hubs and bolt pattern, you should check out pricing for new axle shafts with 6x135 bolt pattern to put into whatever rearends you are looking at.. or for max width look for an used raptor rear end and keep your 6x135 pattern as well.

hxckidd

Clean-Dezert.org
Feb 14, 2002
so cal
www.clean-dezert.org
I want a stronger rear end than the stock Ford. It's time to back half/link. Currie would be a good option with their F9 and 6x135 but I've read some not so great things about them recently. I'll probably end up ordering a complete rear end from Camburg.
curious what you have read regarding this rear end? i have it in my truck and had some issues with cracks, but havent really read into anything else on it.

RoachinVegas

May 10, 2015
Lost Wages
It might be anecdotal but I saw a post the other day on IG of how a guy had to send his rear end back 3 times and then others started responding that they had to do the same and the conversation seemed to turn to the fact that quality is slipping as of late.

hxckidd

Clean-Dezert.org
Feb 14, 2002
so cal
www.clean-dezert.org
sounds as if their 3rd members are problems... i was refering to the housing itself, which is built by a different department... If you are looking for someone to building a 3rd member for you, my buddy has been doing a ton and was a ford tech.

Latest posts

Today's birthdays

New Threads

New Classifieds

latest desert trips

Member Builds