First Truck Build. 2004 Ranger.

Welcome to DezertRangers
Join the community. Register today for all the benefits of membership.
Register
Jun 29, 2016
Tucson, AZ
Don't be afraid to notch the frame to clear the coilovers. 12s would work way better than 10s.
Yeah I'm not worried about that it's just with the initial look I took at it at full droop I would need to take a huge notch out of the frame and the coils would still be hitting the spindle. I will mock it up and see for sure.

Jun 29, 2016
Tucson, AZ
Ok so I did more test fitting and if I limit droop by 2 inches I get a ton more room between the shock and the spindle. In the pictures where the shock is mounted the shaft is traveling 10.5 inches and I'm pretty sure I can move it to 11" of travel and leave the safety factor of .5". So I guess it comes down to I already have these 12s and getting similar spec ones would be over $2000 that I don't really want to spend lol. And I'm pretty sure I have and idea for the upper mounts that I can make work. And if anyone's curious the coilovers are Fox factory race with the larger reservoir and the DSC adjusters.

Reactions: SoupGFX
Jun 29, 2016
Tucson, AZ
I'm working with Accutune right now for coils and they are recommending a 6" 600 over an 18" 600, does that sound about right? I just want to check here for a second opinion before I order. They do have free spring swapping in the case it ends up being wrong.

Latest posts

Today's birthdays

New Threads

New Classifieds

latest desert trips

Member Builds