First Truck Build. 2004 Ranger.

Welcome to DezertRangers
Join the community. Register today for all the benefits of membership.
Register

partybarge_pilot

Uno mas Cervesa!
May 14, 2004
Boringsville
A single 18" spring won't have enough travel, it will coil bind be itself. Going dual springs halfs the spring rate meaning it will be 300 till that collapses. Doing this gets you enough spring travel, bonus is the rate will drop off towards full droop making life easier on your limit straps.

Set it up with minimal preload and use the collar to set ride hieght if it needs to come any.

Jun 29, 2016
Tucson, AZ
A single 18" spring won't have enough travel, it will coil bind be itself. Going dual springs halfs the spring rate meaning it will be 300 till that collapses. Doing this gets you enough spring travel, bonus is the rate will drop off towards full droop making life easier on your limit straps.

Set it up with minimal preload and use the collar to set ride hieght if it needs to come any.
Thanks making more sense to me now.

Jun 29, 2016
Tucson, AZ
Here's where I am at with shock mounts, not winning any style points but I think she'll do. Will add some support down to the top of the frame for some triangulation and planning on an engine brace tube. These 12's are kind of a bitch and I can't even remember my dumbass logic when I bought them lol. Live and learn I guess.

Reactions: armrunner

the bodj

1st post pg805
Mar 4, 2010
Moorpark
I’d add tubes fore and aft of your shock hoops that hit as high up on the hoop as you can. You’ve got a lot of stress on the frame in a small area

Jun 29, 2016
Tucson, AZ
Wasn't able to get much done for a few weeks but back at it now. Welded up shock towers and got to set the truck on the coilovers just to see where it sat. Also got the engine tube in and just need to add some frame to shock tower tubes and should be done with that bit. I could use some advice on setting preload and the slider stop nuts, I just played with them a bit but still not sure on how to set them up right. Sitting right at 15" bumped and strapped. Also realized my steering rack has been leaking this whole time, lasted less than 1 year. Do have vatozone lifetime warranty thankfully.

Latest posts

Today's birthdays

New Threads

New Classifieds

latest desert trips

Member Builds