First Truck Build. 2004 Ranger.

Welcome to DezertRangers
Join the community. Register today for all the benefits of membership.
Register
Jun 29, 2016
Tucson, AZ
Other notes. Not really too happy with how the rear bumper came out but I am going to leave it until I ditch the bed and everything. Also I still need to revalve the rear shocks because they were setup for a buggy but they still feel amazing to me and I am not hitting any crazy whoops or huge jumps yet so that can wait. What do people tend to use for a license plate light? I have one that is bolted to the bumper but the vibrations have just about destroyed it. The skid plate on the front is temporary and yes it is taped on. Need to get up to the metal store and get some .25 aluminum. And I can't decide semi gloss or matte black for bumpers?

Turboyota

Mar 29, 2017
Yucaipa
Dude! Great progress. Flux core welds look good, the bed cage you made retains a good amount of bed space, and I dig the ammo can storage--very handy.

Please cut your bedsides like this:

Keep the updates coming--Nice job so far!

Jun 29, 2016
Tucson, AZ
Planning on getting this roll bar started soon need some advice tho. Should I have the roll bar come straight up in line from the bedcage or should I lean it forward to better match the angle of the cab? My concern is angling it forward may make it weaker?? Thanks guys.

Turboyota

Mar 29, 2017
Yucaipa
Add some triangle gussets to the points where your added cage tubes tie into the stock frame.

I like the idea of a B-pillar-only temporary cage. It'll provide significantly more safety than nothing! A B-pillar fabricated off your existing bed cage won't take very long to make, and if you execute it elegantly, tying it into an interior cab cage later will look nice.

Latest posts

Today's birthdays

New Threads

New Classifieds

latest desert trips

Member Builds