First Truck Build. 2004 Ranger.

Welcome to DezertRangers
Join the community. Register today for all the benefits of membership.
Register

96f-u250

Sep 27, 2013
Magna, Ut.
You should throw a tube between the mounts like in blue, and then a crossmember that bolts to the back of the rear lower control arm bolt. Like in red..
2DCA84D9-742F-4BEB-ADDA-CD3C98236F06.jpeg

Unless you are talking about another skid plate and subframe that is in that area which will add strength.. you should also look at the welds and lack of weld on the LCA mounts and throw some beads in there.

Jun 29, 2016
Tucson, AZ
You should throw a tube between the mounts like in blue, and then a crossmember that bolts to the back of the rear lower control arm bolt. Like in red..View attachment 230293
Unless you are talking about another skid plate and subframe that is in that area which will add strength.. you should also look at the welds and lack of weld on the LCA mounts and throw some beads in there.
Thanks yeah that is pretty much what I had in mind. I'll take a look at the welds I did notice some shit factory welds I should go over.

Jun 29, 2016
Tucson, AZ
Knocking out lots of small things now, proportioning valve mounted, subframe made it is all bolt in and just a copy of the one Camburg makes for these trucks, overflow tank mounted and fuse box mounted. Fuse box was mounted pretty easy by just cutting apart the stock mount and the ABS mount and welding them together. Also added a tube gusset to the rear LCA pivot and went over some of the shittier factory welds. And the shit heads at the post office sent my brake parts back for some reason so who knows when I'll get those in.

Jun 29, 2016
Tucson, AZ
Frustrating few weeks but should be driving tomorrow. Took 4 weeks for my brake parts to show up, instead of being returned to sender for a bad address they got circle jerked around Tucson Phoenix and Anaheim for 3 weeks before finally getting back to kartek. Also anyone else having major issues with spray paint?? I've never had so many bad cans as I have buying for this project. 2 of the 3 I bought for the suspension just wouldn't spray and I couldn't even find the same paint again so the suspension is different colors lol. My regular black paint sprays like watery shit now too.

Anyways got all the brake lines run and bled, new steering rack in and bled, got new wheel bearing seals and packed fresh grease in the bearings, bearings them self look to be in good shape still. Also installed the BMS lock nuts for the spindle.

mikey09120

Michael Gonzalez
Dec 5, 2009
Camarillo, CA
www.facebook.com
What should I be aiming for when tuning the proportioning valve? Do you want all 4 tires to lock up at the same time?
Pretty much.

Go for a drive and hold a steady ~50mph. Slam on the brakes.
If the rear locks up, dial it down from full pressure a bit.
Go ~50. Slam on brakes. Repeat as necessary.
Don''t be afraid to go too far. You can always dial more rear pressure in should you feel the need.

EDIT: Brb. Going to drive off a bridge for using "breaks" instead of "brakes"

Last edited:

Latest posts

Today's birthdays

New Threads

New Classifieds

latest desert trips

Member Builds