First Truck Build. 2004 Ranger.

Welcome to DezertRangers
Join the community. Register today for all the benefits of membership.
Register
Jun 29, 2016
Tucson, AZ
Put probably 70 or so dirt miles on the truck now and no major problems. Some headaches with the fagola brake fittings leaking but cranking them down even more seems to be all they need, definitely worse than the fittings I got from speedway motors when I did the rear. I've definitely got a long way to go with shock tuning, front is I think too harsh on the slow smaller bumps but it soaks up the big stuff really nicely.

Does anyone know any good threads or reading material for swingset steering setups on a arm trucks? I'm struggling to find good info, no plans to do anything soon but I want to get more familiar with it. Or when the time comes would it be better to get a high quality rack?

b-lake

Nov 19, 2009
KENTUCKY
Looking good!
Saw your welding machine poking out, it sure if it’s been discussed.
Is that the stl210? Looks like you’ve been using the tig feature, scratch start yes? Or you have a foot pedal?

Jun 29, 2016
Tucson, AZ
Looking good!
Saw your welding machine poking out, it sure if it’s been discussed.
Is that the stl210? Looks like you’ve been using the tig feature, scratch start yes? Or you have a foot pedal?
Thanks, it's a 161sth. Right now I use it with high frequency start with a switch on the torch, does have the option to add a pedal which I plan to get eventually. Its a good machine but I do wish I would have nutted up and just bought a higher amp ac/dc machine from the start.

b-lake

Nov 19, 2009
KENTUCKY
Thanks, it's a 161sth. Right now I use it with high frequency start with a switch on the torch, does have the option to add a pedal which I plan to get eventually. Its a good machine but I do wish I would have nutted up and just bought a higher amp ac/dc machine from the start.
Ahhh gotcha.

I purchased the 210STL and wish I got a different one as well. Not high frequency so scratch start which I don’t like really. Stick welds pretty decent actually lol! Truthfully that’s the process I’ve used mostly. I will replace this machine with decent 200amp mig.

Jun 29, 2016
Tucson, AZ
Alright need some coilover help. The ride is way too harsh and chattery on washboard/rocky roads but feels pretty good on the bigger stuff. Coilovers have 12s on rebound and 10s on comp with a rate plate and I have both DSC adjusters wide open so I feel like its the springs are too heavy. Currently have 600/600. Thinking maybe lower both to 450s?

Turboyota

Mar 29, 2017
Yucaipa
What is your tire pressure?

Also, swap the 10’s to rebound and put the 12’s on compression.

What the motion ratio? 600/600 doesn’t sound too bad…

Reactions: mikey09120

Latest posts

Today's birthdays

New Threads

New Classifieds

latest desert trips

Member Builds