First Truck Build. 2004 Ranger.

Welcome to DezertRangers
Join the community. Register today for all the benefits of membership.
Register
Jun 29, 2016
Tucson, AZ
Started work on the roll bar today. Do you guys think the horizontal bar is sitting too high? I wanted to get some opinions before cutting it down lower. Also doing miter cuts to keep everything tight, felt like doing bends would take up too much room.

Turboyota

Mar 29, 2017
Yucaipa
I think it would look better if it was a little lower, but you're probably almost done by now...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jun 29, 2016
Tucson, AZ
Yeah after thinking about it I decided to keep it where it was to serve as a place to rest stuff like my canoe and shit on. you know function over form or whatever.

Turboyota

Mar 29, 2017
Yucaipa
Yeah after thinking about it I decided to keep it where it was to serve as a place to rest stuff like my canoe and shit on. you know function over form or whatever.
I dig it. It has more of a "headache rack" functionality if kept higher. You can take lumber home from the hardware store, stand in the bed and rest guns on it and shoot over the cab, or handcuff bro-hoes to it. Post some finished pics!

Jun 29, 2016
Tucson, AZ
Hahaha bro-hoes definitely being the priority. It is almost done but I ran out of tubing and am away from home for the weekend. Hopefully will have it all done and painted by Tuesday.

Turboyota

Mar 29, 2017
Yucaipa
You're adding braces from the top of the b-pillar down to the top of the shock mount, right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Today's birthdays

New Threads

New Classifieds

latest desert trips

Member Builds