Frankenstein - Jug Jr.

Welcome to DezertRangers
Join the community. Register today for all the benefits of membership.
Register

oorracing

<span style="color: orange;">DR Mod</span>
Jan 15, 2006
Long Beach Ca
For leafs i somewhat agree with Barge, however from what I have read and based off his posts is he likes to valve stuff to rebound very quickly. That has some advantages and works on some applications like lighter weight or limited travel cars where you want to ride taller in the travel, but for a setup like yours I would run .008’s in the Coilover on rebound, or even a pop off. The .012’s will be fine in the Bypass.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Forget Regrets

partybarge_pilot

Uno mas Cervesa!
May 14, 2004
Boringsville
Pop off's have no place in a coil over. Your mid stroke would just be sloppy. Tuning it out with the BP would kill it's progressiveness.

Having to fast of rebound in the front is pretty hard to do. Especially with a 3.5 BP.

Forget Regrets

SiCCMADE
Dec 18, 2010
Santa Ana
Pop off's have no place in a coil over. Your mid stroke would just be sloppy. Tuning it out with the BP would kill it's progressiveness.

Having to fast of rebound in the front is pretty hard to do. Especially with a 3.5 BP.
Ive been told that 3.5 has a slow rebound on lighter trucks but necessarily an issue with a full size truck.

Forget Regrets

SiCCMADE
Dec 18, 2010
Santa Ana

Decided it was time to add some bump stops to the rear but want to buy once. 2.5x4” shortened to 2.5” for now and back to 4” when it gets linked. Ill post some video when i make a video clip on my screwtube account.

Forget Regrets

SiCCMADE
Dec 18, 2010
Santa Ana
Saturday 1st run started off good. Started at boone road in JV, headed through the mountains to the sand dunes. Came up on some rollers at 60-65 and the first couple the truck took it. Then we bucked and skipped one, bottomed out the rear and skipped 2, then bottomed out the rear again and skipped a couple more before the rear came back down and was able to slow down. Sadly theres no footage of this but my co dawg was getting monster spilt on him so he grabbed it out of my hand lol. Didn’t go over 50 the rest of the day. The front soaked everything up and like every trip, never hit full bump since putting .018 in the comp adjusters.

It feels like a whole new truck with the rear end. It wants to stay on the ground and soaks up a lot except the big stuff. Hopefully the bump stops help and i can tune around it. We tuned the bypasses for the 8.8 and the truck was doing 60 in Barstow a couple months ago.

From the sand dunes, we headed north around the mountain and back around south back to the lake bed.

Second run went to sand highway (if you want to call it that) where we ran up and down for a couple hours taking pics and video. This is on the way to chocolate thunder from the lake bed. When i get the videos uploaded, my max speed was 50. The linked ranger was about 70 and the sprung ranger 60-65 on the downhill.

One of the rangers on the 3rd run pushed the drive shaft out and we called it after that.

Last edited:

Latest posts

New Threads

New Classifieds

latest desert trips

Member Builds