Frankenstein - Jug Jr.

Welcome to DezertRangers
Join the community. Register today for all the benefits of membership.
Register

Forget Regrets

SiCCMADE
Dec 18, 2010
Santa Ana
Did 2 runs to Barstow on 2 different days. The first time i ran 50psi in my rear bumpstops and blew right through them. I have the TT pistons and valving in them, and yes there is a difference between the prerunner and TT style pistons in the 2.5 king bumpstops. Valving is 20/12. Second time i amped up to 150psi and got about 1/2 way into them in some of the whoops at speed. Truck handled a lot better but i cant do any real tuning until the new cab cage is done.

I dropped off my 1 piece to glass tec so they can finish the hood since i don’t have the time to do it.

We cut the old cab cage out last night. As we were cutting it out we found out the tubing was mild steel (not that it matters because i never had to test it) and not 360° welded at a lot of the junctions. I kept the B pillar solely to run my harnesses because i don’t have stock belts and I’m dropping the truck off on Thursday. Everything is on schedule for work. Kind of nice not hearing the bypasses but the truck is now super light and bouncy af. We have a plan for tube layout as well so ill post pics when they come to me.

Also need to get a skid plate for my 9”. Deep ruts got me good in barstow last weekend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forget Regrets

SiCCMADE
Dec 18, 2010
Santa Ana
Few updates. Took the shocks off for service; bearings need to be replaced, and to lengthen the strokes on the shocks a little.

Glass tec sent me a phot of the hood, hes redoing everything i did and has it down to the original gel coat.

Dash, interior, and everything is out of the cab. Ill be there next week to check up on progress. We’ve decided against a B pillar. Reason being is that i dont want a third passenger climbing over my seats to get in and out but still staying structurally sound. The screenshots is something like how it will be.

Forget Regrets

SiCCMADE
Dec 18, 2010
Santa Ana
Ah, but yes that cage layout is very stout! I like how accessible the cab is also. MCD has great design eye.
That was the original design but now its looking like its gonna be more similar to ryan jubera’s cab cage. There will be an x from c pillar to b pillar and a smaller door bar for the front seats. I was trying to keep it DD friendly for the 3rd passenger getting in and out and for a kid not to hassle in and out.

Forget Regrets

SiCCMADE
Dec 18, 2010
Santa Ana
Update; he’s adding dimples today and we will wait on door bars as we decided to put 2 brand prp new competition elite seats in but its a 5 week lead time. It should be driving here soon. We also might need another 20’ bar to finish the cab cage.

Also notched my rod ends and speing plates on my front coilovers, shortened my seal cap, and removed the internal shaft spacer. So it went from 10” to 11” and we are thinking about adding a 6” top coil and taking the 4” out. Tbd after desert season. Im waiting because ill re-cerakote my front shocks to tungsten color.

Rear shocks; took out the standard internal shaft spacer and put in .250” spacer. Went from 14” to 15” stroke.

Forget Regrets

SiCCMADE
Dec 18, 2010
Santa Ana
Thought you said you weren’t doing a traditional B pillar like that? Looking great though.
Yeah that was the original plan but then it changed. He talked to some people about design and such and liked how Ryan’s looked, so he went with the b pillar. He was able to keep the windshield defrosters and 3 of the 4 vents for ac/heat/ air. I lost the window defrosters and driver side vent which is fine. Ill let dirt skum figure out how to make it work with the aluminum dash.

Latest posts

Today's birthdays

New Threads

New Classifieds

latest desert trips

Member Builds