Frankenstein - Jug Jr.

Welcome to DezertRangers
Join the community. Register today for all the benefits of membership.
Register

Forget Regrets

SiCCMADE
Dec 18, 2010
Santa Ana
Question for anyone running D44 set up. Has anyone or know anyone running the wilwood brake rotor adapter? Reason why im asking is if theres enough material to take a 5/8 stud and if there is then ill get those and redrill them to 5x135mm. My 2 other options is get the dimensions i need and have jubera fab make me a custom set or sack up and buy the pro am hubs and snouts.

Second thing; anyone good with brake proportioning valves? Trying to give myself less front brake so i can stop killing my front rotors.

Thank you in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forget Regrets

SiCCMADE
Dec 18, 2010
Santa Ana
So as most of us who have had or have fords know; our c channels are super weak. 2 trips after the c notch, i warped and tweaked my frame even more than it was before. Hit up my friend aaron @ farmhouse fab and he threw some rectangle sections in, a piece of flat bar, and moved the bottom bumper toob down 2 inches. End result was a straight frame rail with added support and 100lbs added to behind the axle. Even bent the driver side hanger. Waiting on my front bushings from summit so i can replace those again.

partybarge_pilot

Uno mas Cervesa!
May 14, 2004
Boringsville
You cut 2/3 of the structure out of the frame for the notch. Of course it's going to bend. You also took all the heat treat out of it. Once you start welding on a Ford frame, you better be prepared to box that bitch in.

Reactions: the bodj

Forget Regrets

SiCCMADE
Dec 18, 2010
Santa Ana
You cut 2/3 of the structure out of the frame for the notch. Of course it's going to bend. You also took all the heat treat out of it. Once you start welding on a Ford frame, you better be prepared to box that bitch in.
It was bent before the c notch, obviously it got worse after lol. Both before and after, there wasn’t anything stopping the bottom from bowing out.

Forget Regrets

SiCCMADE
Dec 18, 2010
Santa Ana
Couple more small updates; did some kilmat on the floor to help quiet the road noise, i still need to silicone or caulk the holes from the new cage. Carpet is dirty and pulled it out of a junker, just needs a deep clean. Picked up 2 BFG KR2’s 37” tires off of ODR for the rear for now. Thinking about throwing them on the robbys. Still need some toobz snd welding on the front suspension and rear before i can re tune the shocks; if it even needs it.

Latest posts

Today's birthdays

New Threads

New Classifieds

latest desert trips

Member Builds