Frankenstein - Jug Jr.

Welcome to DezertRangers
Join the community. Register today for all the benefits of membership.
Register

Forget Regrets

SiCCMADE
Dec 18, 2010
Santa Ana
2 tiny updates: steering wheel plate that my friend dirt skum made for me and the rear end getting brake mounts, u-bolt delete kit, plumbed, and assembled. Not sure whats gonna happen first, the new cab cage or the new rear end in. Both going in soon though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forget Regrets

SiCCMADE
Dec 18, 2010
Santa Ana
thats a big rear end, why not full float it and never look back?
Thought about it but it was mostly cost wise why i didn’t go full float. I would have to get custom hubs and drive plates made to keep my wheel pattern. The other reason being that a full float isn’t a need.

Forget Regrets

SiCCMADE
Dec 18, 2010
Santa Ana
Couple updates since the rear end is going in on the truck rught now. Ill have the finished u bolt delete kit pic hopefully tomorrow 4/14. After the rear end goes in we will put (if james hasnt already) the proper hangers in in the rear, 5/8 bolt in the shackle, delrin bushings, and rebuild the leaf pack. The distance between the leafs in the rear is 1” narrower than stock and hangers back there are for a ranger. The caliper mounts are mig on the outsode and tig on the inside.

Forget Regrets

SiCCMADE
Dec 18, 2010
Santa Ana
Rear end was finished on Thursday and the only thing it needs is limit straps. The old rear end i guess wasn’t heavy enough because the leafs maxed out the same time the shock did. Now thats not the case and need to strap it. I lucked out on the drive shaft; i was able to reuse it and at full droop I’ve got 1” of room before plowing the driveshaft into the trans. Taking measurements today and getting straps from a friend. Didn’t have to change out the caps either on the u joints.

Next up is replacing the hangers, rebuild the leafs, and bushings for the shackles.

Waiting on shop space for Wright Fab to get the cage redone and start saving for an engine cage and front bypasses. I recently sold my 2.5x14” black cerakote coilovers to Bryan Blagg for his new front end. Still on the look out for some beat up race series 2.5 or 3.0 16” coilovers.

Latest posts

Today's birthdays

New Threads

New Classifieds

latest desert trips

Member Builds