Frybread: 1979 F-250 Supercab XLT Ranger

Welcome to DezertRangers
Join the community. Register today for all the benefits of membership.
Register

S00TLYFE

Oct 5, 2014
Anaheim
Sold my 1995 F-150 to a doctor in Texas and said I'd stick to one project, came across a 1994 F-150 crew cab (yes, crew cab) in Yuma, AZ and planned on building that for a fullsize family hauler, then also in Yuma, my buddy told me about this thing hes been driving by everyday for 2 years and hasnt moved. He caught the owner outside and asked him if he was interested in selling the truck, and he said $2000, then later came by and told him $1700. I couldn't afford not to buy it and am currently sitting at 4 trucks (wife is not as stoked about this)

S00TLYFE

Oct 5, 2014
Anaheim
Decoded the Vin and found the following:

1979 Supercab F250 XLT with the Ranger package, 351 Cleveland, C6 Trans, and MFG'd 02/79 at Fords Manwah, NJ plant (plant was closed permanently 10 months later)

Reactions: mikey09120

S00TLYFE

Oct 5, 2014
Anaheim
My buddy got the truck pushed over to his house and under his car port. Previous owner said he had loaned the truck to a family member and they accidentally switched fuel tanks to the "bad one" and the truck wouldnt start after that. After a fresh battery, fresh fuel, and carb cleaner, she was a runner! things are looking up already.

Now on to the bad:

She needs a passenger side floor pan, and some rust repair in the the back seat as well, and two new doors (not worth replacing) however, all the usual spots these trucks rust are super nice.

Frame and bed are also solid, current plans are up in the air, I was thinking an Eversen or Blitzkrieg kit, but now I'm leaning towards an OBS frame swap, or at the very least, a z-cut/graft so I can run TTBs, but who knows? Gotta get her home first.

S00TLYFE

Oct 5, 2014
Anaheim
currently kicking around my options:

1. Go all out with a Blitzkrieg or Eversen kit and links
2. chop the frame at the front like Mike and graft and OBS frame and go TTB
3. Don't cut up a truck that is actually getting rare, restore it, and run some old school autofab and make it a cruiser, buy SXS or build my other OBS as a more capable prerunner.

Latest posts

Today's birthdays

New Threads

New Classifieds

latest desert trips

Member Builds