Full Floater Drive plates?

Welcome to DezertRangers
Join the community. Register today for all the benefits of membership.
Register

sirhk100

Racer
Feb 24, 2003
Las Vegas
Anyone know if drive plates can typically be drilled with a normal drill bit or are they hardened and something that I'd need to take to a machine shop? I'm slowly putting together a pile of parts to use to build a FF setup for my truck one day. I picked up some driveplates from a friend last night but the lug holes are too small for the studs my hubs are setup with and need to be opened. Would rather not spend the cash on a drill bit that I know I'll likely never use again, especially if it's just going to get wasted right away trying to drill through the plates...

Ryan Jubera

Apr 12, 2008
Hemet
They are harder. I had to drill mine. Just used a nice drill bit and cutting oil. Bam worked out perfect.
Anyone know if drive plates can typically be drilled with a normal drill bit or are they hardened and something that I'd need to take to a machine shop? I'm slowly putting together a pile of parts to use to build a FF setup for my truck one day. I picked up some driveplates from a friend last night but the lug holes are too small for the studs my hubs are setup with and need to be opened. Would rather not spend the cash on a drill bit that I know I'll likely never use again, especially if it's just going to get wasted right away trying to drill through the plates...
Sent from my LG-H820 using Tapatalk

Reactions: ljubera0250

sirhk100

Racer
Feb 24, 2003
Las Vegas
Thanks guys... Guess I'll go buy a bit. I just didn't want to bother if there was no chance of the bit actually going through it.

Latest posts

Today's birthdays

New Threads

New Classifieds

latest desert trips

Member Builds