Gauging Interest: Saginaw Power Steering Pump Kits for Ranger/Explorer (2.3, 3.0, 4.0)

Welcome to DezertRangers
Join the community. Register today for all the benefits of membership.
Register

S00TLYFE

Ron Mexico
Oct 5, 2014
Buena Park
as some of you know, i do the kits for broncos and obs fords with the 5.0,5.8, and 7.5, a fair amount of people have hit me up asking if i offer these kits for Rangers and Explorers, ive done a little research and i think i can piece a kit together for about what i sell the other kits for ($300 for a fresh reman unit, recoated pulley, sandblasted brackets, etc.) and then i make black steel braided hoses with AN fittings for an additional $100...looking to see if anyone is interested in these kits and if you were, at what price point would you be interested in doing so?

S00TLYFE

Ron Mexico
Oct 5, 2014
Buena Park
so im going to have some pictures and more updates soon, but as of right now i think im going to be able to make kits for both second and third gen rangers...i have some stuff on the way from laser and some other odds and ends i need to tie up to confirm, but my plan with these kits is to have it be bolt on in under an hour like my 5.0/5.8/460 kits are, and retain factory hoses and serpentine belt if desired, as we all know, its a huge plus to be able to walk into autozone in lucerne, barstow, or baja and be able to grab whatever you forgot to bring right off the shelf.

stay tuned for updates.

S00TLYFE

Ron Mexico
Oct 5, 2014
Buena Park
So, finally got everything I needed for mock up and the assembly itself looks great! Later this week I will mount it on a truck and make sure the factory belt routing/pulley stand-off is right.

Options can/will include stock type 2 Saginaw to Howe/PSC/Lee’s pumps etc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

S00TLYFE

Ron Mexico
Oct 5, 2014
Buena Park
Here is an example of the setup with a Howe pump, i have sourced a press on pulley off an OEM vehicle that will work, at this point i need to figure out hose routing, fittings, remote reservoir to sell with it, and make the sure the pulley stand off is good to work with the factory serpentine belt system.

anything you guys would like to see as part of this kits? please give me any and all feedback.

Reactions: themoneypit

scottjoee8

Feb 23, 2021
Chicago
Here is an example of the setup with a Howe pump, i have sourced a press on pulley off an OEM vehicle that will work, at this point i need to figure out hose routing, fittings, remote reservoir to sell with it, and make the sure the pulley stand off is good to work with the factory serpentine belt system.

anything you guys would like to see as part of this kits? please give me any and all feedback.

View attachment 224185
IF YOU REALLY NEED IT

pm

919 769-1471

Sent from my F106 using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Today's birthdays

New Threads

New Classifieds

latest desert trips

Member Builds