Gauging Interest: Saginaw Power Steering Pump Kits for Ranger/Explorer (2.3, 3.0, 4.0)

Welcome to DezertRangers
Join the community. Register today for all the benefits of membership.
Register

S00TLYFE

Ron Mexico
Oct 5, 2014
Buena Park
Would you sell just the mount and pully? I have access to a few race care take offs for the pump and other parts.
yes! hoping to mock up the spacer for the stand off this weekend and once i get them back from laser they will be for sale id gladly ship you just the pulley and spacer once i get everything back, you will actually be able to retain everything else on your stock belt/accessory system, only thing i really dont have figured out yet is hoses

Chase550

RSP Shock Prep
Jul 29, 2004
Westminster, CA
www.facebook.com
yes! hoping to mock up the spacer for the stand off this weekend and once i get them back from laser they will be for sale id gladly ship you just the pulley and spacer once i get everything back, you will actually be able to retain everything else on your stock belt/accessory system, only thing i really dont have figured out yet is hoses
DO you have questions on the fitting or, what's the unknown there. This is my current setup.

Reactions: charlie_brown

S00TLYFE

Ron Mexico
Oct 5, 2014
Buena Park
DO you have questions on the fitting or, what's the unknown there. This is my current setup.

View attachment 224310
that is part of it yes, also trying to find the most bolt on setup possible to help out the guys who cant fab...i would 100% like to say im going to stay with remote reservoirs, and coming out of the pump, the most shallow 90 degree fittings i can find to provide adequate hose clearance (see pic posted above)

i would say the biggest draw here for most people is the quick easy 100 bolt on aspect of the kit, for your remote reservoir, it looks like youve repurposed some sort of factory bracket for the mount, can you share some more on what that is and how you did it?

Chase550

RSP Shock Prep
Jul 29, 2004
Westminster, CA
www.facebook.com
The mount is simple, a tab with a coped 1/2 shell of tubing welded to it and then two reservoir tabs welded to that.

I believe these are the fitting at the box, I cannot find the original order to confirm but, i pretty sure the ones are correct (I had them save in the amazon "91 explorer" list)

charlie_brown

OG Member
Aug 10, 2004
OC/BAJA
i am interested. not sure where i got it from but about a year ago i bought a relocate bracket kit that reclocks and adapts the signal pump to the 4.0 sohc motor. threw it in a drawer for future. i never liked the stock ford pump.

S00TLYFE

Ron Mexico
Oct 5, 2014
Buena Park
my pump is a stock ford pump modified by Lee but it's still loud as shit lol
yeah this will be a rad upgrade for you then, thanks for the info and the ability to just mount the resi off the ac compressor bolt is a good simple idea and that allows me to sell complete kits i know will work for pretty much everyone

Reactions: Chase550

S00TLYFE

Ron Mexico
Oct 5, 2014
Buena Park
i am interested. not sure where i got it from but about a year ago i bought a relocate bracket kit that reclocks and adapts the signal pump to the 4.0 sohc motor. threw it in a drawer for future. i never liked the stock ford pump.
thankfully you shouldnt even need it with my kit, should bolt right up into the stock location!

Latest posts

Today's birthdays

New Threads

New Classifieds

latest desert trips

Member Builds