gm/delphi/siginaw style pump on 4.0?

Welcome to DezertRangers
Join the community. Register today for all the benefits of membership.
Register

marcytech

Mega Member
Mar 16, 2011
anyone have any info on what has been done to upgrade steering pumps on the 4.0? the "bolt in" sig pump is discontinued now, but i was wondering what other upgrades were available. i am thinking of running hydroboost brakes and would need a stronger pump

hxckidd

Clean-Dezert.org
Feb 14, 2002
so cal
www.clean-dezert.org
not sure if my set up was shitty... but i didnt like the hydroboost on black betty... hitting the brakes hard would stall the truck out... also the fluid was getting way to hot in the system even after putting in a howe TT cooler.

I am sure there was probably ways to fix it... but i never figured those out 100%.

marcytech

Mega Member
Mar 16, 2011
welp we can close this thread off. just called howe and jeff was telling me that without seperate pumps the brakes will take priority over steering. so if youre hard on the brakes settin up for a corner you cant cuz you wont be able to steer lol. fuck that. manual brakes it is!

hxckidd

Clean-Dezert.org
Feb 14, 2002
so cal
www.clean-dezert.org
welp we can close this thread off. just called howe and jeff was telling me that without seperate pumps the brakes will take priority over steering. so if youre hard on the brakes settin up for a corner you cant cuz you wont be able to steer lol. fuck that. manual brakes it is!
yup, i experienced that once or twice... stalled out the entire truck overloading the system.

85yota

TT Motorsports
Nov 18, 2004
Phoenix, AZ
I am planning on running 2 PS pumps on my F100 whenever i get around to it. One for hydroboost and the other for steering. I've seen it setup this way on rock crawlers and other vehicles before.

socalkid92

Nov 9, 2010
National City, CA
I'm also interested in knowing what would work good with a 4.0 and Saginaw box. I did swing steering on my a arm ranger and was thinking of getting a Howe pump.

Latest posts

Today's birthdays

New Threads

New Classifieds

latest desert trips

Member Builds