I ended up cutting the mounts I made last night and moved them up 4 or 5 inches. They are now darned near in line with the countershaft sprocket and I have an extremely minimal amount of chain length change. AKA I don't need a chain tensioner. However, I did one heck of a crappy job doing it all, so don't look too closely at it on Saturday lol. After the clean up, I'll be redoing the whole rear section to make it better and not halfassed. I'm just tired of not getting to use it. As it sits, the rear shocks need more angle, so I have to remake the lower mounts tomorrow, along with:
lower link lateral supports
temporary gas tank mount, throttle cable, shift linkage/shifter setup
finish mounting the exhaust
nut and bolt check
air up the tires.
If time, I'd like to move the upper shock mounts in the front outward more, standing them more upright and stiffening up the front. It's really soft right now.