Grophy Kart for the Kiddos

Welcome to DezertRangers
Join the community. Register today for all the benefits of membership.
Register

the bodj

1st post pg805
Mar 4, 2010
Moorpark
Maybe an off the shelf solution or possibly some inspiration here https://www.mcmaster.com/chain-tensioners

I'd try to get a MX chain guide on it too if you havent already thought of it

Yup, I already have one off the bike I took the motor from, thanks!

Bullnerd, yeah, I think what I did was the easiest way to go about it, and the most correct. Making a gnarly tensioner would be too much figuring out to make it work well with that much throw

the bodj

1st post pg805
Mar 4, 2010
Moorpark
For future reference, (actually so you can copy and make your own)

Those are cool!

I ended up cutting the mounts I made last night and moved them up 4 or 5 inches. They are now darned near in line with the countershaft sprocket and I have an extremely minimal amount of chain length change. AKA I don't need a chain tensioner. However, I did one heck of a crappy job doing it all, so don't look too closely at it on Saturday lol. After the clean up, I'll be redoing the whole rear section to make it better and not halfassed. I'm just tired of not getting to use it. As it sits, the rear shocks need more angle, so I have to remake the lower mounts tomorrow, along with:

lower link lateral supports
temporary gas tank mount, throttle cable, shift linkage/shifter setup
finish mounting the exhaust
nut and bolt check
air up the tires.

If time, I'd like to move the upper shock mounts in the front outward more, standing them more upright and stiffening up the front. It's really soft right now.

Tomorrow is going to be a long night lol.

Latest posts

Today's birthdays

New Threads

New Classifieds

latest desert trips

Member Builds