Harness mounting

Welcome to DezertRangers
Join the community. Register today for all the benefits of membership.
Register

socalkid92

Nov 9, 2010
National City, CA
Got a question for you guys, so I’m starting so mount my harnesses, where the harness holes are it’s a few inches lower than my actual shoulders (about where the red mark is at). I know that the harnesses need to be between 0 to -20 degrees. If I run the harnesses through the holes and I go to tighten down the harness will it compress my spine? Any suggestions on how I should mount them?

socalkid92

Nov 9, 2010
National City, CA
is your seat super leaned back? Kind of surprised openings are lower than window line...
They’re dropped really close to the floor. It was a bitch to fit these seats into a ranger. When I originally put them in I only had about 2 inches from my head to the roll cage. So I had to drop the seats a lot to give me more room

FasterNU

Mega Member
Jun 28, 2006
San Diego
yea my brother has the 3G's. I had pleasure of installing them too. hahah.

I'd just run it. I mean how many degrees above 0* are you??

charlie_brown

OG Member
Aug 10, 2004
OC/BAJA
oh, and i think you cn get your info at score web site, mastercraft, or upr may have it.

it was a big issue many years ago because people were building cars with as much as 6" neg ground clearance at full bump. and they could not fireguard out why they were breaking there backs. suspension seats vrs hard back seats became a big issue along with belt mounting.

Latest posts

Today's birthdays

New Threads

New Classifieds

latest desert trips

Member Builds