Heathen RANGERunner DIY front kit

Welcome to DezertRangers
Join the community. Register today for all the benefits of membership.
Register

StrangerRanger121

📷theheathens #buildgoodtimes
Jul 3, 2020
54
15
8
Oklahoma

DIY long travel A-arm jigs going together in the bat cave. Tips welcomed. This will be this the first set of arms we have done with this level of fab. Extending +5 and forward +1 with shock pockets in the bottom arms for larger shocks. Arms are going in a ranger after ditching 4x4. Any info on fixing any geometry for the bump or cycle would be rad. Just reply or shoot me a message. If I find any good info on this I will add it to the update for sure.A few pics of rough started upper and lower. Any help would be greatly appreciated and will be passed on to the next guy.




Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 

mikey09120

Michael Gonzalez
Dec 5, 2009
4,211
2,798
113
Camarillo, CA
www.facebook.com
This is just like how I did my ranger! Subb'd

Check out my build thread for 5" extended stock LCA's

 

StrangerRanger121

📷theheathens #buildgoodtimes
Jul 3, 2020
54
15
8
Oklahoma
This is just like how I did my ranger! Subb'd

Check out my build thread for 5" extended stock LCA's

Right on dude. Well you inspired the start of this project lol then I put it down for awhile since it was a daily. Free rain now to a point. I still dig your approach because I think it will help speed things along with a few changes. Doing things in stages so we can make as many trips as possible and not be in pieces for 3 years. You still rippin that truck ?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 

StrangerRanger121

📷theheathens #buildgoodtimes
Jul 3, 2020
54
15
8
Oklahoma
That truck was clean too but build another one. There’s so much motivation out there. Guys with minimal resources building some rad stuff and willing to help everyone else build some good times.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 

StrangerRanger121

📷theheathens #buildgoodtimes
Jul 3, 2020
54
15
8
Oklahoma
Picked up these lift spindles from chassis tech for the kit and they are a pretty nice piece. Upgraded spindle with a f150 outer bearings but I was looking at the danas laying in the bat cave and thought those would be way stronger especially when they are sleeved so the little guys got to go. Looked at doing a snout block but would raise it to high. Then maybe drilling the spindle to bolt on but material too thick and no Swiss cheese spindles. Going to weld the snout straight to the spindle. Started knocking everything down with a grinder and flap wheel. Good straight edge will get it flat but initial mock up looked awesome more on that later. Any tips or questions pls lmk. Thanks



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 

Latest posts

Today's birthdays

New Threads

New Classifieds

latest desert trips

Member Builds