Heathen RANGERunner DIY front kit

Welcome to DezertRangers
Join the community. Register today for all the benefits of membership.
Register

DirtFiend602

DR Maitre'D
Dec 12, 2008
Agreed with turdblo.. even a slow pre heat and even slower post cool using ni99 or 312 they will still likely crack.. even with a big chamfer to weld into. I've tried to do this many times and it's a gamble. Sometimes it works. most of the time it doesn't. And in that shear plane.. id bolt it on.

Reactions: Turboyota

StrangerRanger121

📷theheathens #buildgoodtimes
Jul 3, 2020
Oklahoma
Thanks for chiming in guys. It’s a long hot process for sure. Some luck with it and some bad for sure. After other types of projects pretty well solved the surface cracks with a rod that type and the treat but yea it’s the cracks you can’t see that keeps me up. When you see guys brace their uprights and wonder if they did more harm than good or it’s welded in the same spot 5 times. Haven’t done this combo tho. I was told they are a ductile which is probably one of the easier ones. I thought to bolt it on originally but talked myself out of it. It’s not to late to go that way. On the snout planned on sleeving it to help and haven’t found a machine shop buddy to bore on my bs. Done a version of this to the 44 axle itself before . Just press a sleeve into the tube. Sometimes welded some not. Ditching the four wheel so could go with a thicker material or even solid inside. Adding a reduced boss back with sleeve process. Ikr try to save the dough but sometimes it backfires part of the process sometimes. We’re here to f**k shit up. appreciate it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

StrangerRanger121

📷theheathens #buildgoodtimes
Jul 3, 2020
Oklahoma

Started drilling and tapping the upright. Had to move the snout to locate the mounting holes. Screwed the plan to replace the snout boss. We can still bore the upright to accept the boss. It will have to remove a ton of material from this little upright. Thoughts on drilling the snout flange to bolt through to the upright. We could get 4 more mounting bolts for a total of 9. All 12pt shear bolts. Do you think this is enough to replace the boss or should we just cut into this upright and throw the bossless snout in the scrap? Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nov 22, 2021
Can you explain the process on designing Upper and Lower control arms? I wanna design some for my truck but I don't really know where to start. No kits available and it's torsion bar.

Latest posts

Today's birthdays

New Threads

New Classifieds

latest desert trips

Member Builds