Heathen RANGERunner DIY front kit

Welcome to DezertRangers
Join the community. Register today for all the benefits of membership.
Register

StrangerRanger121

📷theheathens #buildgoodtimes
Jul 3, 2020
Oklahoma
Can you explain the process on designing Upper and Lower control arms? I wanna design some for my truck but I don't really know where to start. No kits available and it's torsion bar.
I’m not schooled in suspension design by any means. It’s a lot of time spent with research on here and a few other sites. The community is always awesome when you need help. Best I could come up on my level is try and match the factory geometry with extended uppers and lowers. I know from other projects any small change effects the whole assembly so a lot of test fitting and cycling to find what works. I’m sure the first version will not be the last. Set a jig up with the stock parts and build your extended arm jigs off of that keeping all angles in mind.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

StrangerRanger121

📷theheathens #buildgoodtimes
Jul 3, 2020
Oklahoma
Cool, spindle out of line with the pivots. Now has trail geometry like a motorcycle.

If you hadn't all ready fucked the uprights up, I would have offered to machine them for you. Shipping to KC can't be that bad.

Trying to take pics holding everything together by hand. Final assembly should be closer to being inline.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Today's birthdays

New Threads

New Classifieds

latest desert trips

Member Builds