Help with paddles

Welcome to DezertRangers
Join the community. Register today for all the benefits of membership.
Register

StrangerRanger121

Insta@heathens_and_co
Jul 3, 2020
Oklahoma
Planning a thanksgiving dune trip and could use some advice on buying paddles. The ranger is a stock 4.0 manual. Trucks running a 33 right now but can fit and plan going to a 35. Rears leafs stock axle.
Just remember going through several different sets on the wheeler trying to find the right setup. On a budget so would like to buy one set and be done.
size, width, brand Thanks

Attachments

Last edited:

85yota

TT Motorsports
Nov 18, 2004
Santa Maria, CA
www.tt-motorsports.com
I would look for a used set of 33-17 paddles. BUT i will say running paddles made my Tacoma a little easier to drive in the sand BUT it didn't help me go anywhere different than without paddles, and I had supercharger and power adders as well.

oorracing

<span style="color: orange;">DR Mod</span>
Jan 15, 2006
Long Beach Ca
You would be better off spending the money on a set of aluminum wheels for your truck in the narrowest width you can find. Air down low and run it, you’ll be fine

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: mikey09120

StrangerRanger121

Insta@heathens_and_co
Jul 3, 2020
Oklahoma
Right on appreciate the reply’s and that was kinda the plan when going up to a 35. Planned on a 35x10.50 on a aluminum 17x7-8 ghetto beadlock (screws) or a 17x8.5-9 beadlock. I know I’m losing quite a bit on rotational mass. It’s 4x4 at the moment but plan on ditching that too.

StrangerRanger121

Insta@heathens_and_co
Jul 3, 2020
Oklahoma
Talk about a shock tuning nightmare we’d be bouncing all over the place lol
It’s more of a power thing kills your momentum really fast spin them fast enough to get on top.

dsrtrcr01

Jan 31, 2005
We did a smaller paddle on a wide wheel. The smaller tire allowed our gearing to be lower and keep RPM's higher. Wide wheel for the foot print.

Latest posts

Today's birthdays

New Threads

New Classifieds

latest desert trips

Member Builds