How big should a c notch truly be in width ?

Welcome to DezertRangers
Join the community. Register today for all the benefits of membership.
Register

DEZRT GM

Sep 23, 2018
camarillo
Just switching to spring under on my gmc with c85 deavers, I want to just set it up once and be done with it. I plan on putting a FF housing in it (eventually) my question is how wide should the notch be and what’s the safest strongest way to do it? Thanks !

marcytech

Mega Member
Mar 16, 2011
shoot youll have to measure a big ole rear end for that. i think the strongest way to do it is with an overlay plate on the frame (no sharp edges) and then box in the inside and have a tube junction on the top of the c notch like where the bump will be.

Reactions: hxckidd

Travisfab

Staff member
Aug 21, 2003
San Diego
Will your Deavers be able to bump high enough to even need a notch? Just land a vertical tube where the axle will strike, and wait until you have the housing and link it.

DEZRT GM

Sep 23, 2018
camarillo
shoot youll have to measure a big ole rear end for that. i think the strongest way to do it is with an overlay plate on the frame (no sharp edges) and then box in the inside and have a tube junction on the top of the c notch like where the bump will be.
I’m gonna just send you a 30 rack in the mail for always helping me 😂

DEZRT GM

Sep 23, 2018
camarillo
Will your Deavers be able to bump high enough to even need a notch? Just land a vertical tube where the axle will strike, and wait until you have the housing and link it.
I’ve seen a lot of people with this leaf pack run about a 3in notch . But yeah links will eventually come too!

85yota

TT Motorsports
Nov 18, 2004
Phoenix, AZ
Did a 3 inch notch on my brothers truck with c85s and my 7.5 shackles and hangers.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Today's birthdays

New Threads

New Classifieds

latest desert trips

Member Builds